Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unfortunately we had to change meds again for my D.  So today, he couldn't take anything so the old could fully flush out. He slept on and off all day. Very irrational  very weepy. He completely slipped out of engaging us today.  In a heated moment of frustration I yelled at him.which caused a 30 minute downward spiral of tears and sobbing, shaking and he kept saying he was sorry for being so bad.  I felt horrible.  These transitions are tough enough on him. He has perked up since dinner. I can't wait until this next 7-10 days passes so he can be balance out hopefully. I felt so bad for loosing my cool. Im trying not to over compensate right now. Augh! 

little background.   d is 15, Aspergers DX, depression anxiety ADD ( inattentive) suffered traumatic head injury in July 2013which really messed up a lot of the progress that he made.  He has daily headaches and migraines 3-4 times a week  since his accident.  He hasn't been able to be physically active bc of all the headaches. Meds have been hard to manage since the injury. 

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-12):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Glad it went well!

Quoting mabeetle:

Update, update! Day one new med went well! He went to the mall with his aunt. He had just a slight headache . He talked on the phone which is a rare thing.  He smiled.   Maybe this is a fluke or honeymoon or psychosomatic response.  I will take it!  Praying this is the med to settle on for a bit.  Tomorrow we have 2 appointments at the concussion center. Hopefully I can get him more PT to help him rebound.

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Hugs! Dont be to hard on yourself, you will have good days and bad. Hang in there, take a deep breath and relax:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)