Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Does your ASD child have a random object they love?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
  • 44 Replies

Do they really like some kind of random object or toy that they like to carry with them everywhere?  Something  you find kind of strange or maybe just "normal" for them?

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Jonathan loves blocks with numbers or puzzles or calendars

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM

My daughter has had many of these. She'll carry around a certain random object for a month then find another random object and carry it around. The one she just decided to get an attachment with is really really funny. She got a container of plastic food for Christmas and it came with a play cutting board and a play kitchen knife. She carries the play knife around with her. She fell asleep the other night holding it and when I woke her up the next day it was still in her hand, lol.

Before this one, she had a plastic squeeze giraffe she carried everywhere.

jaytee
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
She loves her blankets. She's convinced they have feelings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleddynt
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
until she was 3 1/2 years old my daughter carried around a Pablo (Backyardigans) figurine around everywhere. She wouldn't even put it down to eat or drink.
mabeetle
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM

He used to have to have the plastic tabs from plastic grocery bags!

mabeetle
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Now he keeps lego figures in pocket 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM

When he was around 2 he stole one of my t-shirts from the clean laundry.  He would not give it back, it is now 'shirt' that he carries around and sleeps with.  His total comfort item.  That has been every day for over 3 years.

Since Halloween he also has 2 of those little plastic skeletons he latched on to.  One green that he calls Ms Nichole after his aide, and one white that is is teacher Ms. Tracy.  He tucks them in and covers them up every night. 

JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:05 AM

My son has a Christmas blanket that he has carried everywhere since he was 1 yrs old, he's 5 now.  He happened to get really attached to this "let it snow" Christmas blanket bc it has tassels that he loves to play with.  That blanket has been to the beach, camping, the pool, everywhere.  

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:26 AM
For my DD it's always been a blanket also. She's had this blanket for over 3 years and at one time had to have it everywhere she went. Now, she brings it to us when she is sleepy. She searches all four sides of the blanket until she finds the side with the exact point that she's looking for and she'll rub it on her face until she falls asleep.
tonijoy79
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:57 AM

for my son it was a dsi machine, it was mine and he latched onto it after i seperated from his dad, its pink and everything lol, he wont leave the house unless he has it, and most times he has no idea where he has put it (thanks adhd) and we have to search, i tend to plan to leave 20 mins earlier now to find it before we go. he has stopped sleeping with it atm, but when he is having a bad day, its back to bed with him as well. it still works a little, but its more a comfort hold thing than a play thing. expensive security blanket tho!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN