Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

2013?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Jen
  • 13 Replies
What is the best thing you learned in 2013? It could be something you learned to do or something you learned about. Anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HippoCat
by Hadley on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

That I have some really amazing friends and family that will help me through anything and be non-judgemental in the process. That my determination pays off and that my marriage this year has been "through the bad times" and I think we're gonna make it :) That being said, please oh please make 2014 "through the good times"!

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM

It may not be the "best" thing I learned but certainly the most important ..... that the people I love deeply will not be here forever, that our time will come. My pawpaw died from injuries from a car accident. He was still perfectly healthy and I had just seen him the week before. I picked  on him in that loving way about his outfit matching in a pawpaw way. I didn't hug him ......... I'm tearing up right now because my only regret is not hugging him that day.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I learned the most important people in my life are my husband and son.  I don't care about others near as much as I used to.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I learned that I have amazing support from my boyfriend & my parents. Since I broke wrist, had surgery & had to go to hand therapy they've helped out immensely. I'm so grateful for them. I thank god everyday!
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Need to come back to this one

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM
With great friends and family, 2014 is sure to be great!

Quoting HippoCat:

That I have some really amazing friends and family that will help me through anything and be non-judgemental in the process. That my determination pays off and that my marriage this year has been "through the bad times" and I think we're gonna make it :) That being said, please oh please make 2014 "through the good times"!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM

My son's autism and brain injury were officially confirmed by a developmental pedi, and then again by a neuro psych.  Finally getting the answers confirmed that we already knew for years was very validating.  That probably stands out the most.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Hugs! I'm so sorry for your loss. But you're right, life is short and we never know how long we have.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

It may not be the "best" thing I learned but certainly the most important ..... that the people I love deeply will not be here forever, that our time will come. My pawpaw died from injuries from a car accident. He was still perfectly healthy and I had just seen him the week before. I picked  on him in that loving way about his outfit matching in a pawpaw way. I didn't hug him ......... I'm tearing up right now because my only regret is not hugging him that day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I agree. Family is the most important thing. :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I learned the most important people in my life are my husband and son.  I don't care about others near as much as I used to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome they are so supportive.

Quoting wildchild.com: I learned that I have amazing support from my boyfriend & my parents. Since I broke wrist, had surgery & had to go to hand therapy they've helped out immensely. I'm so grateful for them. I thank god everyday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN