Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What is your child's favorite thing?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Amy
  • 15 Replies

What is your child's favorite thing to do?  

Lately, Colin's favorite is movies.  He's been watching and rewatching Despicable Me 2 ever since he got it for Christmas.

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Awww .... my daughter got that movie for Christmas too! Sadly, when she sees characters in only one movie for so long it upsets her to see them in another movie because they aren't doing what they're supposed to. We've tried watching it several times but she's just not happy with it because it's different than the original. She's acted this way with all sequels ..... she eventually comes around.

Her current favorite thing to do is jumping/bouncing. Whether its on the exercise ball, her trampoline, our laps, just on the floor, jumping from tile to tile. Whatever mode she chooses, she has to be jumping at nearly all times. It's about to drive my dh insane.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM

My kiddo loves to jump too.  I meant to get him a new mini-trampoline for Christmas and forgot so I'll probably do that for his birthday in March.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Awww .... my daughter got that movie for Christmas too! Sadly, when she sees characters in only one movie for so long it upsets her to see them in another movie because they aren't doing what they're supposed to. We've tried watching it several times but she's just not happy with it because it's different than the original. She's acted this way with all sequels ..... she eventually comes around.

Her current favorite thing to do is jumping/bouncing. Whether its on the exercise ball, her trampoline, our laps, just on the floor, jumping from tile to tile. Whatever mode she chooses, she has to be jumping at nearly all times. It's about to drive my dh insane.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

The iPad. We are trying so hard to break him of having the iPad. He just asks and asks for it and screams when we don't give it to him. I just don't want him to be one of those kids that rots their brains with games.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Right now he likes his Noah's Arc!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:52 PM

My son has been stuck on either Despicables Me 2 or Monster's University DVDs that he wants to watch over and over and over.  And depending what one is on get gets that game up on his Ipad and his little toys out that coordinate with the movie so he is fully immersed in it!  I don't like so much movie/electronic time, but he's been begging to get back to his teacher at school, and we've been out for weather and such so it is helping pass the time. 

MamaLauri
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Jumping so great for multi-sensory integration. My son jumpped so much we called him Tigger. Try playing catch while they are jumping for even better multi-sensory integration exercise.

Quoting amonkeymom:

My kiddo loves to jump too.  I meant to get him a new mini-trampoline for Christmas and forgot so I'll probably do that for his birthday in March.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

BellaMama7
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:02 PM

He loves to play with cars and trucks right now. He loves disney channel.

patnic
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Right now, Minecraft.  He could do it all day long if we let him.  

jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM

My son got Despicable Me 2 for Christmas, too - and that's a new favorite, along with saving his allowance so he can collect the diecast "Plane" figures.

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My son loves claw machines. He saves quarters all week and plans our trip to Wal-Mart, etc. He watches YouTube videos of people playing claw machines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN