Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

So happy for my lil boy.

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Every year we make a trip across the globe to visit our home country. I realised how much my son (3 years old) has progressed over the year. He didnt cry during take off, sat on his own seat and even agreed to buckle up. Last time he screamed his heart out during take off, would not buckle and he slept only on his dad's tummy for only 3 hours during the 32 hour journey. This time he slept all night on the seat and didn't wake up every time another kid cried or the pilot announced turbulence. My parents were surprised that he doesnt cry to change clothes, to wash his hair, to change his nappy. He doesn't cry every 5 mins!! Now he asks for the scissor to cut the tags on clothes. He tells us what is bothering him intead of crying endlessly. He didn't cry for weeks cause of the new environment. Last year he would refuse to walk anywhere outside the house. He would be that scared. This time he walked on the beach and went ahead to dip his feet in the water!! I didnt carry his swim suit cause last time, he would not step on the sand. He doesn't spend time spinning objects and running in circles. He does tip toe and flap occasionally, but he is interacting and communicating. Only his eating has gone for the worse. His diet has gotten very limited. But otherwise he has made a lot of progress!

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's wonderful!
Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!!!!woohoo

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so great to hear. Every little step is always wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM

This is great news! I bet it made for a great trip for your family

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM

That sounds like a very successful trip.  Great news! 

jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful, I'm really happy for him and for you!  (I hope the eating gets better!)

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We go every summer to visit my in laws. Last year they said how much my son has progressed from the year before when we visited them.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow...I'm so excited for you guys!

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Oh I am SO relieved your trip to India was good. I was wondering!! Thanks for the update. So glad he did SO well. thats so great! What a relief... and it is really good to read how well he did asking for things, remaining calm and it sounds very successful.

Sorry to hear his diet isnt going all that well. I know how you struggle with that. HUGS. What IS he eating? very limited diet, or very limited food intake?

Simran81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Learning to talk has helped in reducing tantrums a lot. He is sensitive to so many things and we were not able to understand what he wanted before. He has a very limited diet though he feels hungry. Currently the only food he has is a crispy flat bread i cook with sugar. He also has cheerios, one type of biscuit, cornflakes and one of earth s best cracker. 5 foods in total. We carried bottles of pediasure, cheerios, crackers from the US. I took a prescription from the doctor and attached it to the bag containing pediasure that we checked in. Thankfully they opened and checked the bag, but the 30 pediasure bottles made it to india safely!! U get pediasure in india, but its powdered and i didnt want to take a risk. 

Quoting SamMom912:

Oh I am SO relieved your trip to India was good. I was wondering!! Thanks for the update. So glad he did SO well. thats so great! What a relief... and it is really good to read how well he did asking for things, remaining calm and it sounds very successful.

Sorry to hear his diet isnt going all that well. I know how you struggle with that. HUGS. What IS he eating? very limited diet, or very limited food intake?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN