Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a good idea! sry so long...

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

So, Nicolas usually does good at the bouncy place. Schools were closed today because of the cold weather. I thought it would be a good day to go out and have a little fun.

Well, I walked in and the woman told me that the place is under-staffed and that we needed to watch our children. (which I do anyway, so no big deal) She said they weren't ready for the crowd because of school getting cancelled. I had a feeling that this wasn't going to go good. So, I just stayed really close to Nicolas. He was ok in the beginning. Then, he was climbing up the slide and kids started climbing over him. I yelled that everyone should go one at a time. By this point, Nicolas was at the top sitting waiting for no kids to be there. This went on for a while. Then  a bunch of kids come up, and he is sitting in the corner waiting for the slide to be clear, and got surrounded by kids. I couldn't see him. He got to the slide and was in tears. I grabbed him, and he said someone hit him. I was mad. I just don't understand how these parents can sit there and not care what the kids are doing. The parents were talking to each other and letting the kids act completely crazy. I have never had this experience there.

I did go to the office and tell her that he got hurt and that there needs to be someone on the floor to control how the kids are getting on the slides. She gave me a free admission and said that I should come back when school is in. I wanted to leave but Nicolas wouldn't. So, we went to the baby section. (even though he is 4.) to allow him to settle down since there was no kids there. Then I told him that I will go up the slide with him twice then we needed to leave. He agreed. He actually handled it really well considering the circumstances. He was a little stressed but ok.

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Sounds like you both handled it pretty well. I agree though I hate going to public places where the parents are too busy gabbing & their kids are out of control. I live near the beach & it amazes me how some parents completely ignore their kids. I mean they could drown!
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM

That is awful! You know, I took my 14 yr old with me and she was getting aggrivated too. Kids were getting hurt and going completely crazy...

Quoting wildchild.com: Sounds like you both handled it pretty well. I agree though I hate going to public places where the parents are too busy gabbing & their kids are out of control. I live near the beach & it amazes me how some parents completely ignore their kids. I mean they could drown!

emily123380
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I'm sorry to hear that... The same thing happened to my baby I was just grabbing a ball that my son dropped and when I get up I see this kid two years older punching my son of the face... I was so mad I almost yelled at the kid I asked him where was his mom and he pointed so I went and told her what happened she didn't even say I'm sorry she just started saying something to her kid in her language...

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:57 AM

hugs mama. i go up w/ my kiddo too. crowds can be overwhelming.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I think you handled it well...I'd be like a ninja trying to find out who touched my kid! Those places always stressed me out!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
The funny part is, once I started going up with him the crazy kids stayed away. My 14 yr old said that they came to the slide and said I don't like waiting. Lol I'm not little, so they aren't going to push past me! Nicolas likes to do things by his self. But when he saw that he could actually enjoy the slide by me going, it was diffferent.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

hugs mama. i go up w/ my kiddo too. crowds can be overwhelming.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Thx. I was so mad, but wanted to keep my cool. Not only for Nick, but for my 14 yr old. I like to show her that there are good ways to handle situations like this.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I think you handled it well...I'd be like a ninja trying to find out who touched my kid! Those places always stressed me out!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM
That is awful. Nick couldn't tell me who hit him or how. I tried to ask if the kid hit him with a foot or hand. To figure out if he was jumped on or just hit. But all he kept saying was hit my head. Plus there was about 5 different kids surrounding him.

Quoting emily123380:

I'm sorry to hear that... The same thing happened to my baby I was just grabbing a ball that my son dropped and when I get up I see this kid two years older punching my son of the face... I was so mad I almost yelled at the kid I asked him where was his mom and he pointed so I went and told her what happened she didn't even say I'm sorry she just started saying something to her kid in her language...

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Good work at dealing with a tough situation and good for Nick for holding his own and not wanting to get out of there! I hate those places...they are nuts but the kids love them. It seems better if they go in pairs, then they have a pal to fight the crowds with...good luck next time. You did great!  XO

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Why parents don't watch their kids is annoying. I have gone to playhouses at Mcdonalds and Burger King and their are kids around 13 jumping and climbing and just pushing the little kids around. I don't allow my kids to go them if there are bigger kids because they will get hurt. These parents and management need to step in and stop this from happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)