Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child complain of headaches often?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Amy
  • 7 Replies

I've noticed that a couple of times a month, sometimes more, my son will complain of having a really bad headache.  Sometimes eating something helps, but other times nothing seems to help, including ibuprofen.  I think these are migraines but they've only really started since his last doctor's appointment so we haven't really discussed it with the doctor.  I get migraines and he seems to have some of the same symptoms.

Does your child with ASD ever complain of really bad headaches?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM
My son does & I usually give him childrens pain reliever. But sometimes it bothers him so much I lie down with him &" Rieki" his forhead. After about a half hour later it goes away.
Jenn8604
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Nope. But if you have migraines I can see how your kid does. My dad gets them and I get them. I think it's somehow genetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Brady can't talk but I honestly don't think he's ever had a headache....hugs!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Smetimes,,, not as often as a few times a month, but often enough where i said YES when I read the post title. Lol. He also complains of body aches and pains..

jennymoon4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Yes, my daughter gets headaches that seem to cause her a lot of distress. It happens maybe twice a month on average but is somewhat clustered. I spoke with her doctor but there wasn't much to help her. Unfortunately my daughter is unable to express details of the pain yet. I've considered contacting the neurologist she saw a few years ago to see whether she should be seen again.
BDSMI
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM

yes my ASD son suffers from migraines and has had them since he was 6 years old.  they ruled out everything medically that could cause them--they gave him medication to give him when the OTC stuff doesn't work--you can tell when he has one--he has a glazed over look in his eyes, vomiting, titching, and is unable to handle light.  He used to get them on a regular basis but have drasically changed his diet and now maybe twice a year--

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM

No but it could be  migraines, a vitamin deficiency, dehydration, allergies, vision problems, so many other things! Or simply headaches...but maybe he just takes after you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)