Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a typical weekend like at your house?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

Is it busy or do you try to stay home? Are the kids involved with anything during the weekends? family in the van

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BDSMI
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Crazy I'm a single mom with 2 boys and I work full time during the week--weekends are cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and try to spend some time with the boys doing fun things.....although there are weekends were I try to do all that but end up just chilling but it is usually super busy!!!

Disneymom18
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:07 PM
We go out with their grandparents. We try to do activities we know the kids will enjoy. Some weekends they have bad days so we'll stay home. Tomorrow we're planning to go to the Lego Store or Chuck E Chesse.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I don't know how you do it! I'm married and it's hard enough!

Quoting BDSMI:

Crazy I'm a single mom with 2 boys and I work full time during the week--weekends are cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and try to spend some time with the boys doing fun things.....although there are weekends were I try to do all that but end up just chilling but it is usually super busy!!!

BDSMI
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I am also in school full time so I have to fit in studies :)  Call me SUPERMOM...no just kidding I just do it....a small secret I survive on about 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night---I do have someone about once a month take both boys to give me 24 hours of mental health time and I treasure every second of it!!!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting BDSMI:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:56 PM

OMG I thought I'd never meet anyone who slept less than I did..about 5 hours. Then I jump out of bed like a fruit loop and drink a pot of coffee.

You deserve that 24 hours, girl!!

Quoting BDSMI:

I am also in school full time so I have to fit in studies :)  Call me SUPERMOM...no just kidding I just do it....a small secret I survive on about 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night---I do have someone about once a month take both boys to give me 24 hours of mental health time and I treasure every second of it!!!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting BDSMI:

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
One day a weekend we do something fun. Earlier we went swimming, tomorrow night Derek and I are taking the girls to a hockey game. Xavier is staying home with a sitter. I didn't take either girl to a hockey game until they were three. Too loud, too crazy and the games start at 7 pm. Not a place for a kid under 3 in my opinion anyways. Sunday we usually relax at home. But I'm taking my oldest daughter and her friend ice skating.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Some weekends are crazy busy and some are more laid back. The only consistency is Sunday mornings...church.. Otherwise we really don't have a weekend routine.  When we don't have anywhere to go and we are just hanging out at home on the weekend you will pretty much see football or hockey on at our house or baseball in the summer...we are huge sports fans.

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much always home.  Cartoons, chores, diapers, laundry, feed people, clean, diapers, clean up messes, play, pick up toys, more diapers, home therapies, outside play when possible, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Sundays either hubs or I take my oldest and one of the girl's to church for activities in the morning while the other stays home with the other 2 that can't really go.  Then it's just more of the above.

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Sometimes I have time for myself and go out to eat and either shopping or to a movie. Sometimes we take my son to do something. He loves to go to the park. Sometime we just stay home. Each weekend is different.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Each one is different. Usually dh and I don't have to work but sometimes we do. We like to have friends over and entertain and we like to watch monies, go to the farmers market ( in summer), parks, the zoo, etc. Then church is Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)