Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Great, My Kid the Thrill Seeker! lol (Kinda Pic Heavy)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
5 moms liked this

Okay, so we took our 7 year old DS to Knott's Berry farm over the winter break. He's really into the Peanuts cartoons right now, so he loved it. While in Camp Snoopy, he saw a roller coaster ride called the Sierra Sidewinder -- and he WANTED to ride it. Thankfully my husband and my SIL (who was with us) are okay on roller coasters (I, on the other hand, don't do roller coasters! lol) so they took him on it with them. 

He was laughing as he got off the ride and wanted to go on a ride that would take him upside down! WTH?! lol. So later in the day he went on Montezuma's Revenge -- its considered a "level 5" thrill ride. 

DS really enjoyed those rides, but I think after those 2 he had his fill for the day -- he wanted to go back to Camp Snoopy and enjoy the slower paced rides. LOL.

^^Aidan and daddy on the Sierra Sidewinder after the ride was over^^

^^My DH trying to get Aidan to wave at me. I think Aidan was still thinking, "what the heck just happened?!" lol^^

^^My DH, Aidan and my SIL posing outside the ride. I had to take a pic of the first roller coaster Aidan rode on^^

^^He loved taking a pic with Lucy^^

by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM

So cute!!  I love the one with Snoopy just hugging him!!

How amazing the head phones did not fall off on a roller coaster!!!  Does he wear those often, and if so how does he do with them?  We're trying to get my son use to his as noises bother him so.  Great if your son keeps them on!

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

My DH said that he took the headphones off Aidan during the rollercoaster ride, but that once the ride stopped, the wanted them back on again. lol. 

We got them from Home Depot for around $20. I think my DH found them in a section where they sell headphones for gardeners and people who work with loud lawn equipment. 

We just bought them for him this last week since we also went to a place called Farrell's Ice Cream shop and it can get pretty noisy in there. So far he doesn't mind having them on. 

^^That is Aidan at the ice cream shop -- like I said, it gets loud in there, so he kept them on almost the entire time we were there^^

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

How amazing the head phones did not fall off on a roller coaster!!!  Does he wear those often, and if so how does he do with them?  We're trying to get my son use to his as noises bother him so.  Great if your son keeps them on!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM

That's great.   

Quoting SnortysMom:

My DH said that he took the headphones off Aidan during the rollercoaster ride, but that once the ride stopped, the wanted them back on again. lol. 

We got them from Home Depot for around $20. I think my DH found them in a section where they sell headphones for gardeners and people who work with loud lawn equipment. 

We just bought them for him this last week since we also went to a place called Farrell's Ice Cream shop and it can get pretty noisy in there. So far he doesn't mind having them on. 

^^That is Aidan at the ice cream shop -- like I said, it gets loud in there, so he kept them on almost the entire time we were there^^

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Love this!!!  Thanks for sharing:)

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

What a blast! That's awesome :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Awww bless his heart! How exciting for him to see all the characters !
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Wow I love this! Glad he had a great time :-)
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:48 PM

He is soooo cute! Love it! So glad he had a great time! 

jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Glad all of you had such a great time - great pics!

tictacmama
by Arlea on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM

That is awesome, I bet my boys would love the rides. Ever since I had kids, I don't do rollercoasters either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)