Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Sweet things our kids do

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
  • 8 Replies
3 moms liked this

I just wanted to share an absolutely adorable thing my daughter does and ask what kinds of things your kiddos do that just melts your heart!

We have a cheap guitar that I just have sitting on the floor leaning against a bookcase. My daughter sits in front of it and strums it and sings to herself. No actual words come out of her mouth, but the gibberish sounds she makes sounds like she is really trying to match the tones she hears. It's so stinkin cute I stand around the corner and watch her whenever she does it. She only does it when you're not paying attention to her and she realizes you're watching her or try to join in she stops.

Here's a pic ..... ofcourse she stopped cause she turned around and saw me taking her picture,lol.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM

what a cutie pie! She must really love music. Love how she tries to match the tone.

tictacmama
by Arlea on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

That is cute! I got one that is probably more funny than cute. My son was sitting on the toilet (we are still potty training ) and when he has to go he likes to talk to me, usually just nonsense phrases.

Anyway, so Xavier is on the pot saying "Momma strums the guitar and plays the goat song," in his sing-song voice. Now I don't play the guitar, or know any goat song, but I decide to play along, "Oh really?" I say, "How does the goat song go?"

Xavier stops, looks me straight in the eye and says in a serious tone, "very quickly ".

I just started laughing, luckily he wasn't offended. :)

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

This is too cute. I love to hear the things our kiddos come up with

Quoting tictacmama:

That is cute! I got one that is probably more funny than cute. My son was sitting on the toilet (we are still potty training ) and when he has to go he likes to talk to me, usually just nonsense phrases.

Anyway, so Xavier is on the pot saying "Momma strums the guitar and plays the goat song," in his sing-song voice. Now I don't play the guitar, or know any goat song, but I decide to play along, "Oh really?" I say, "How does the goat song go?"

Xavier stops, looks me straight in the eye and says in a serious tone, "very quickly ".

I just started laughing, luckily he wasn't offended. :)

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, that's so cute. 

My oldest just now started saying I love you, only he says my instead of I. He'll go, momma can I tell you something...I'll say yes, he'll go...momma, my love you. He's a very love able boy.

my youngest is non verbal, but gives lots a hugs and loves to cuddle. Only to me though. Anyone else tries to hug him, he freaks out and starts crying and kicking. He's a total momma boy :-)

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM

AWW! That is to cute:)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Se so such a cutie and so sweet :)

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Aww. So cute.

I was being silly with Nicolas tonight and was making up a song that just kept repeating. Mr. Nicolas! He said, "I not mr. Nicolas." So then I ask well who are u? He said JUST NICOLAS!

Lol then he starts calling me mr. Mom.
THill812
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
When my son was 5, we had to tell him his dad had cancer and the docs were only giving him 3-6 months to live. "So, you could die Daddy?" "Yes." There was a slight pause for a thoughtful moment, then he asked "Can I still talk to you in heaven like I do to Heavenly Father?" "Yes." Then he lit up, and out popped a smile and a light and cheerful "OK" was his response as he ran off to play. Fast forward to tonight. He is now 12 and my husband is miraculously still with us. We were talking about ObamaCare and asking what would it be like if it were God in charge, like GodCare. He says "Then Dad would be cancer free - but, maybe it was for a good reason he had cancer. Maybe he was to learn something from it. It has been a blessing because he has helped so many people. I know I am better because of it and look how much we have learned and done because of it.". He amazes me every day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)