Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really at my wits end

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 5yo was mainstreamed into kindergarten and was doing ok right up til after winter break. Now the teacher is telling me almost daily and yesterday he almost got suspended because he pretended to shoot his teacher. I just don't know how to handle him anymore. Also normally his homework takes him 30 min top but now were up to 2 hours.

Help
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
s.bruinix
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Bump
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Just hand in there momma. I swear all of our kids get a little restless after the holiday break. Mine has even shut down a little bit. Hope it gets better.

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I know over the brek my son had regressed to meltdowns again. His ABA therapist explained that it was due to his routine thrown out of whack. I am hoping that this is what is happening with your son and he gets back into the groove of school. Does he have therapist that you can talk to about this? What about talking to the guidance counselor to see if maybe there is something more going on in the classroom? I just don't see him doing it to do it. I may be wrong but it just seems that his routine had been changed and now he is acting out because he doesn't know how else to handle it.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Hugs mama!

s.bruinix
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Thanks ladies. It's just so frustrating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)