Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Always Happens..

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 33 Replies

Dh is military and had to leave town for a couple of weeks. No problem right! YEAH RIGHT!!!! Why is it that everything goes wrong as soon as he leaves. 

First off little man has the croup. AGAIN! This time worse than the last time. Had to take him to the ER and sit there for 2 1/2 hours for them to say they heard him barking in the waiting room and they can't do anything but give him some steroids and I have to wait it out. Ok so my kid was coughing so bad that he was almost choking and they heard him and didn't think he needed to be seen. Oh Yeah here is the catcher to this story. Their is a doctor or nurse don't know which he was that was an officer. His wife came in and their child had to be seen for a dislocated thumb. Would you believe she got seen in 20 minutes. Her husband called her back. Yep pays to have a hubby working ER and you walk right through before all the people hacking up lungs and vomiting. This vent over

Then receive letters from the bank stating we haven't turned in info on our children and they are going to fine them and they will owe the IRS a $100 penalty. Yes a 3 and 5 year old. Needless to say this was paperwork that has been taken care of 2 other times but the bank seems to not know what they are doing and the IRS is going to penalize my children's savings accounts, Did I mention little man has croup and I can't take him anywhere and the bank says they need the paperwork ASAP. I should have my son cough all over them and make them all sick. 

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. So those who's dh leave does this stuff happen to you

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:56 PM

oh no mama! Big hugs! I wish I could be around. I would def give you a hand w/ your little guy. Ooohhh pobrecito!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:59 PM
So sry! Big hugs.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Just don't get how he keeps getting croup. This is the 3rd time in a year. Pretty much since he has started school. Doc said some kids just catch it easy and he is one of them UGH

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

oh no mama! Big hugs! I wish I could be around. I would def give you a hand w/ your little guy. Ooohhh pobrecito!

letstalk747
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:52 PM

huggs

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Ugg so sorry!! Take a picture of the paperwork and email it to the bank. That's what I'd do. How irritating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Lord have mercy...it's falling apart there! But isn't that always the way? My DH honestly has about a 5-6 hour commute round trip every day plus working 8 hours so he is basically never here but to sleep. I do it all and most days, I screw up , so it REALLY doesn't help when something else is piled on top of it...i.e.: sick kids who need to see the doctor, go to ER, car troubles, running late, after school activity, games 30 minutes away from me,...you get the idea. So I know what you are going thru!!!

But NOTHING hurts a momma more than a sick little one...especially when you take them to ER hoping for help and they all just ignore you until it's your turn. I hope he gets better soon, Brenda. Croup is just heart breaking.

johnns
by Johnna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Group- ok, have you tried the steam in the bathroom trick? Get the shower going on hot, close the door and set in there with him- NOT in the shower. Steam should open him up.
Seen the movie Terms of Endearment?
johnns
by Johnna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:56 AM
*croup
johnns
by Johnna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Technology is so cool- good idea!

Quoting mypbandj: Ugg so sorry!! Take a picture of the paperwork and email it to the bank. That's what I'd do. How irritating.
johnns
by Johnna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Yeh, I looked it up before telling you this one- driving in car with windows down. I was scared to tell you before Google it. Its been a while since any of my kiddos have had it. It sounds worse than it is, but breathing could be jeopardized. Need to loosen with steam a.s.a.p.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)