Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

he opened him up

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

So, we invited my 6 year old nephew (Jase) over to stay Sunday night. Him and Hunter had such a great time. It was the first time Hunter actually played with anyone and didn't seem to mind being touched (as much). They played and played! When we took Jase home yesterday, Hunter went back to his old self. Only difference, he played in his ball pit for over two hours last night quietly and didn't even fight me to go to sleep once I FINALLY got him away from the ball pit!

Sean and I were both so amazed at how much Jase got Hunter to open up and actually play! We have decided we may actually want another child! Not right now... But eventually!

So, how about your kids? Is there any special person that can bring out more of your child than usual?
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZelisMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:40 PM

My 3 yr old does not like to play w/ anyone. But every now and then she will play w/ my 5 yr old and have the biggest smile on her face. Melts my heart every time!

Kspencer11
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM

My oldest loves her little sister but hates sharing with her. She will give her something she thinks she should be playing with and then take it away. But they love playing together when they are willing to share. :)

auntkissy
by Karissa on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Hunter usually doesn't either. We have Mommy playdates every Friday at the park and he NEVER plays with the kids. He's always picking up sticks and running around alone. It amazed us at how well they did together. I actually cried watching them. EI keeps pushing that he needs to be around more kids and blah blah blah, but what does it help when he wants nothing to do with the kids?

Quoting ZelisMommy:

My 3 yr old does not like to play w/ anyone. But every now and then she will play w/ my 5 yr old and have the biggest smile on her face. Melts my heart every time!

auntkissy
by Karissa on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Bless it! Hunter is not that big on sharing either. I helped raise Jase for the first few years so he holds a very special place in my heart. It was more like my babies were playing rather than nephew and baby lol. Jase even does better with Hunter than his own brother. I still say even now that I think my sister gave birth to my first child lol

Quoting Kspencer11:

My oldest loves her little sister but hates sharing with her. She will give her something she thinks she should be playing with and then take it away. But they love playing together when they are willing to share. :)

Kspencer11
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Aw! That is special. :)

Quoting auntkissy: Bless it! Hunter is not that big on sharing either. I helped raise Jase for the first few years so he holds a very special place in my heart. It was more like my babies were playing rather than nephew and baby lol. Jase even does better with Hunter than his own brother. I still say even now that I think my sister gave birth to my first child lol

Quoting Kspencer11:

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

What a wonderful story...! I think I bring out my son the most, we are pretty good pals :)

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
For my DD it's my 20 year old daughter. They were always very close and she was the only person that DD would respond to. She went off to college last year and stayed close to home so that she can come home often, and every weekend that she comes home DD still has the biggest smile and loads her with hugs the entire time she's here.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My son's person is his Sped teacher.  This is his 2nd (and last) year with her, and she is his everything!  He makes the most progress with her, and she seems to know just how to meet all his needs effortlessly!  He is like a different kid when she is around.  Wish we could keep her always!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:41 PM

My dd can bring a laugh out of my son that no one else can. We she gets him to laugh it the purest happiest laugh I have ever heard. I mean we can make him laugh but not the way she does

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:43 PM

My daughter definitely does but there is also a kid at church who is 2 years older that has a special way with Ashton.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)