Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Jimmy started College today!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

Jimmy is taking 6 units at our community college. Public Speaking and Psychology. So far he loves it. I dropped him off at the front of school and he was on his own and did very well. He wanted to get there 2 hours before his class started to get acclimated but he was a little anxious and it took him longer to get ready so he was only one hour early. lol. He was able to locate his room walk around campus and made a new friend in the cafeteria before class. He is excited about tomorrow.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wonderful news. I hope he has a great day tomorrow!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
That is great. It gives me great hope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
😃Awesome!!!!!
Rampgirl04
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

GL to your son and wtg on his part for persuing College. My son has a form of Autism. We don't know exactly what form of it it is yet but we are almost positive it's a form of the kind where they are sensitive to touch. I hope my son can over come this and be as strong and successful as your son but I'm happy for you and your family :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful news!!! I hope he continues to love it and really do well. What great classes for him to take. My oldest son needed those classes as well for his major (political science) and really got so much out of them. There is also a class called effective speech that might be helpful also.

Please let me know how he continues to make out!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!!!!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Awe that's wonderful!
mamajoie
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM
My son had/has major sensory issues that caused so many problems when he was a kid. Auditory, tactile, taste, visual were all hugee. Smells were only a minor problem. We worked very hard to help him desensitize. He now likes hugs and is okay with casual touch. He can go to concerts, movies and parties. He still doesn't like floresent lights but they no longer drive him to distraction. Baby strps and 2 steps forward one step back is still a forward direction.

Quoting Rampgirl04:

GL to your son and wtg on his part for persuing College. My son has a form of Autism. We don't know exactly what form of it it is yet but we are almost positive it's a form of the kind where they are sensitive to touch. I hope my son can over come this and be as strong and successful as your son but I'm happy for you and your family :)

mamajoie
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM
The best to you and your son. It is possible to overcome.

Quoting mamajoie: My son had/has major sensory issues that caused so many problems when he was a kid. Auditory, tactile, taste, visual were all hugee. Smells were only a minor problem. We worked very hard to help him desensitize. He now likes hugs and is okay with casual touch. He can go to concerts, movies and parties. He still doesn't like floresent lights but they no longer drive him to distraction. Baby strps and 2 steps forward one step back is still a forward direction.

Quoting Rampgirl04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)