Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

anyone else have a kid that is a total and complete slob?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 22 Replies
My son makes the most horrific messes. He throws EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE! He dumps the dirty laundry upside down and jumps in it and throws it across the house. When playing with toys he throws them everywhere and just leaves them. He gets into everything and makes messes and leaves it. Trying to get him to clean is an end of the world nightmare meltdown. It's worse than disturbing his routine. HE HAS TO HAVE A MESS!
I want to exchange for an overly OCD neat freak!
Anyone have this? Or is my kid the only one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet_ashes2209
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM
omg I just posted about this lol I even shared pictures of the craziness! My son is the same way if it's not a crazy mess he's not happy. Then if he can't find a specific toy it's a complete meltdown till mommy comes and searches for it -_-
Jenn8604
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM
EXACTLY! If I don't look for the toys he loses it's meltdowns.

Quoting sweet_ashes2209: omg I just posted about this lol I even shared pictures of the craziness! My son is the same way if it's not a crazy mess he's not happy. Then if he can't find a specific toy it's a complete meltdown till mommy comes and searches for it -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM

If your kid is the only one in the world who makes messes, you are a freak of nature lol! Just now, DS was looking for a toy. He emptied two of his toy chests, fully, and didnt even bother putting 1 thing back. We also have a very small house. I hate the size of it. So one small mess equals a huge mess due to the house size. I am constantly having an anxiety attack with this kid. I try to relax though. But I feel like I can never invite people over because I'm so embarassed.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

yEs, but he has to keep it contained to his room or the play room.  The stuff that comes out from there has to go back in when he is done with it.  I call him my little horder.  Toys everywhere!! 

trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Yup we have a messy one too.  We work on it constantly but he's still wont clean unless a specific demand is made on him.

-BeautifulRose-
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I got rid of most of my son's toys because of this. We observed him and he really was just throwing toys around that he didn't want to play with to get to the ones he did want. We watched to see which toys he preferred and put the rest in the garage. He seems so much happier with less toys :)

He's still messy, but at least most of his toys stay in his toy area now. We do get him to clean up some of his messes, particularly when he drops things on purpose (like the DVDs). My DH jokes and tells me to wait until almost bedtime to clean up our sons mess because if he sees it clean he won't like it lol.
Jenn8604
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 7:19 PM
No that HAS TO HAVE A MESS OR HAS MELTDOWNS!
And I never have anyone over ever because 1. my house is so small and it's a mess and 2. My friends and I only text. We don't have time for phone calls with kids one of us is always yelling at kids for the whole conversation.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

If your kid is the only one in the world who makes messes, you are a freak of nature lol! Just now, DS was looking for a toy. He emptied two of his toy chests, fully, and didnt even bother putting 1 thing back. We also have a very small house. I hate the size of it. So one small mess equals a huge mess due to the house size. I am constantly having an anxiety attack with this kid. I try to relax though. But I feel like I can never invite people over because I'm so embarassed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:51 PM

My son's pretty much the opposite!  After his friends leave, he can't wait to put everything back where it goes.  Dump out a basket of anything?  No way!  lol.  The only thing he's really messy about is spitting his toothpaste - it ends up everywhere and he doesn't like to clean it up because it's "gross".  And, of course, his aim is always off when using the commode!

by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM
You described all three of my older kids. My oldest is 10 and she still feels the need to dump all her Legos out all over the place to build something and then leaves it. My 6 year old is the worst because trying to get her to clean it is like I am trying to pull out her teeth one tooth at a time before they're ready to come out.
Owl_Feather
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM

lol oh I know it. I have to pull teeth to get my son to put them away. We had him put a few away before bathtime and he just didnt understand that the bath was going to happen...ust AFTER some clean up time. I finally convinced him to clean up while the tub fills up.

Quoting Jenn8604: No that HAS TO HAVE A MESS OR HAS MELTDOWNS!
And I never have anyone over ever because 1. my house is so small and it's a mess and 2. My friends and I only text. We don't have time for phone calls with kids one of us is always yelling at kids for the whole conversation.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN