Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I've got some good news!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM
  • 32 Replies
6 moms liked this

I'm pregnant!!!! I found out last Thursday, and I'm only in my 5th week, so I'm still trying to adjust to the idea of it. I'm going to wait until the 2nd trimester to tell friends and family, so you guys are the only ones who know besides my hubby and one close friend. 

I'm due at the end of September, which is perfect because my son will be in school 5 days per week by then, so I'll have a little bit more time in the mornings. I'm thinking about having him take the bus to keep my life that much more manageable, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with it yet (he'll be 3). Not to mention, I kind of enjoy being forced out of the house to take him to school. I have some time to think about it! 

I haven't been to the doctor yet because I'm switching providers, and they probably won't want to see me until 8 weeks anyway (that's what they do around here). I did not have a good experience with my son because I had like 5 different OB's that they rotated me through, and I didn't even know who was delivering me until they showed up for it. I did not like the hospital either because the nurses were really mean and it's in the middle of a city, so the whole environmet was just super stressful for me to be in. This time I'm going to go with a midwife (not 5 lol) and a different hospital that's not as crazy. I just have to take a tour and make sure that I like it and I should be good to go. I'm looking forward to a much better experience this time around! 

We've already accepted that autism is a possibility, being that my husband and I are both on the spectrum, as well as our son. We did plan the pregnancy knowing this, so if it happens to be the case, then the world will just be that much more interesting and unique! 

Anyway, I'm very excited, and I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but I have to admit I already sketched a nursery idea :P 

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Congratulations mama!  I hope this pregnancy and labor go easier and stress-free for you this time around. You do have time to plan so don't get overwhelmed.

jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Yay, yay, yay!! Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you!!!!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Congratulations! So excited for you! 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Congrats!!  That is great news! 

lady_katie
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Thanks everyone!! 

auntkissy
by Karissa on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Congratulations!! So excited for you! Hunter's birthday is Sept 29th :)
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

AWESOME! Im so happy for you guys! 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Yay! Congrats!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM
That's wonderful congrats!
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I'm so happy for you! That is the most exciting news and I am wishing you a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and hoping it all just falls into place!

Does your school have a handicap bus? I know they will come right to the house to get him and bring him home and they always have an aide on there too... So much easier and less worries. You could still bring or pick him up when you can and you can always put him on a regular bus when he gets older.

But CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy and bless your heart with nothing but goodness!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN