Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Can you catch me?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

Oh Ladies, I need your help... I know so many of you can relate. I do so much all the time and I am so tired. So, so tired. I just want to feel like if I fell down someone would catch me. I surrender. Being so strong all of the time is utterly exhausting and I just want to feel as light as a feather floating in the air. You know that game "light as a feather stiff as a board" that used to be a slumber party favorite? Well, I want to feel so light that pointer fingers could actually lift me up and the air would hold me there.

i used to believe in fairies hiding under mushrooms and sprinkling star dust to make dreams come true. Where did all that go? Where did the time go to actually think of that and a free moment go to even feel like that was a possibility? I want to bounce on clouds and ski on a perfect powder day. I just want to float and know that everything is ok. I want to feel alive! I want to be able to trust. I want to be able to sleep. I want to hold my babies like they were newborns again when time just stopped or stood still while I looked at their tiny toes, cheeks, ears, fingers... 

Feel free to just jump if you need to feel the same as me right now. I will catch you.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, Mama!  Just let it all out.  We'll catch you!!  I understand some stress-free time to just enjoy life instead of the constant run around would be nice!!  Hugs! 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I need someone to catch me too. Life is a little overwhelming right now and I feel like I'm failing before I've really even got started. The more I try to prepare the more unprepared I feel. Sigh. 

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM
We will always be here to catch you. Hugs. Everything can get so overwhelming sometimes. I know that my life is getting busy again and I will soon be saying the same thing.
jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I wouldn't mind feeling like that for awhile!  It would be nice, wouldn't it?  You catch me and then I'll catch you!  Hugs....

HippoCat
by Hadley on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I'll catch you. Feel free to fly. You are light!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I need someone to catch me too. Life is a little overwhelming right now and I feel like I'm failing before I've really even got started. The more I try to prepare the more unprepared I feel. Sigh. 

HippoCat
by Hadley on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

When you are ready I'll catch you too.

Quoting Nickmom1118: We will always be here to catch you. Hugs. Everything can get so overwhelming sometimes. I know that my life is getting busy again and I will soon be saying the same thing.

HippoCat
by Hadley on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I've caught you. Just float.

Quoting jowen905:

I wouldn't mind feeling like that for awhile!  It would be nice, wouldn't it?  You catch me and then I'll catch you!  Hugs....

AspieAuntie
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Beautifully said. I love how we all take turns catching each other in this group. I'll definitely catch you, Hadley. Soon it'll be my turn to fall.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Hugs mama!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)