Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Morning

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:47 AM
  • 18 Replies

My daughter still has the stomach virus ..... but I'm very thankful it hasn't caused her as much pain as it caused my husband who also is still not 100%. But she woke up early feeling not so good so we've been snuggling on the couch for the past couple of hours. She's recently been up and running around, not as much snuggling, so even though I'm really tired and I hate that she feels bad, I'm enjoying this laid-back time with her.

So snuggle time is what I'm thankful for this morning .... what are you ladies thankful for today?

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Glad she's on the mends...I'm thankful my mom is starting to feel better. She's been in the hospital for 3 weeks with ulcer colitis. She was just tested for cancer & it came out negative. Thank god!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

My daughter still has the stomach virus ..... but I'm very thankful it hasn't caused her as much pain as it caused my husband who also is still not 100%. But she woke up early feeling not so good so we've been snuggling on the couch for the past couple of hours. She's recently been up and running around, not as much snuggling, so even though I'm really tired and I hate that she feels bad, I'm enjoying this laid-back time with her.

So snuggle time is what I'm thankful for this morning .... what are you ladies thankful for today?

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

No cancer is definitely something to be thankful for! Hope she gets out of the hospital soon.

Quoting wildchild.com: Glad she's on the mends...I'm thankful my mom is starting to feel better. She's been in the hospital for 3 weeks with ulcer colitis. She was just tested for cancer & it came out negative. Thank god!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm thankful for a hubby that made it to work safely and on time despite our icy roads.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM

And hope she feels better! We had the flu over vacation and it was AWFUL!

johnns
by Johnna on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm thankful for having a warm home! We have a good 4" of snow outside, and its -2° !
School has been called off for the rest of the week.
I'm off work till tomorrow. Got out yesterday for food and rented some movies. Grateful I've got good transportation to get me where I need to go.
My DH is all the way in ND while we are here in TN. He's providing so well for us. Seems as though we have struggled financially the last 10 yrs we've lived in this state. Many Jan I sweated paying the electric bill, or the car wouldn't run & we didn't have $ to get it going, or just waiting on food stamps to renew.
So, its a pretty big deal for me to have all this going for us, we went without so long! Its hard him being gone, we move mid -March, but its been one of the hardest year ever being without DH. I'm a stronger woman for it, and its great getting out of the black hole we were in. Sometimes its the little things- no, its always the little things!
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Today I am thankful that I got some coffee before my kiddos woke up and got to spend time with dh. He didn't come in til late last night and had been gone a couple of weeks 

auntkissy
by Karissa on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM
H woke up at 4 since he went to sleep at 8 last night. We stayed up on hour and went back to sleep and jus. Woke up. I'm thankful for an extra couple hours of sleep. Also, its really cold outside, so I'm thankful I don't really have to go out in it.
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm thankful my family is healthy.

We were sick with the stomach virus and respiratory crud from Oct-early January. I felt so bad I had forgotten what feeling well felt like. My dr put me on a month of antibiotics and finally I started to feel normal again!

But everyone around me is sick. I'm trying to wish all the germs away because I don't want them back here again!! We've paid our dues!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Amen about the coffee. I'm always thankful when I somehow manage to get a couple mugs in me before my duaghter wakes up. Glad you got some hubby time.

Quoting JTMOM422:

Today I am thankful that I got some coffee before my kiddos woke up and got to spend time with dh. He didn't come in til late last night and had been gone a couple of weeks 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Yes.... I cant go anywhere with my dd sick anyway, but I'm glad I don't have to try ..... its cold and super windy outside.

Quoting auntkissy: H woke up at 4 since he went to sleep at 8 last night. We stayed up on hour and went back to sleep and jus. Woke up. I'm thankful for an extra couple hours of sleep. Also, its really cold outside, so I'm thankful I don't really have to go out in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)