Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

DD is gifted!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dd is finally in a school that has experience with ass, and They did my 10 year olds testing over this last week. They said for one, dd is not adhd, and she is a bit lower on the spectrum than her old school thought. But also that her iq is 117, and her reading and language arts (aside from comprehension and a few other areas) she is at a 7th grade level, and in math, if you skip the word problems, is at a 6th grade level. The whole staff loves her. They said she is so smart, and she is being placed in 4th grade gifted. Where as her old school held her back in 3rd this year putting her in sped classes. 

She will still have the resource room time, and all the support and services she needs. But now she will be pushed to get full potential! She is so excited. 

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Experience with ASS??? Did you mean ASD??? sidesplittinglaughterI'm dying here...gotta love a typo...it reminds me of auto correct when I text!

Anyway, that is so awesome for her!!! I bet you are so proud...I know I would be!

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Is this a public school or have you put her in a private school? Just curious what type of school she's in that have people trained to work with ASD kids.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM

It's a private academy. But didn't cost me anything because she qualified for a tuition waiver. It's a fine arts academy too and she gets to take dance as part of her curriculum starting next year

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Is this a public school or have you put her in a private school? Just curious what type of school she's in that have people trained to work with ASD kids.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Lol gosh I hope that they don't have experience in ass lol

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Experience with ASS??? Did you mean ASD??? sidesplittinglaughterI'm dying here...gotta love a typo...it reminds me of auto correct when I text!

Anyway, that is so awesome for her!!! I bet you are so proud...I know I would be!

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM

That's awesome! So happy she's getting a great opportunity to be pushed to her full potential. :)

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

It's a private academy. But didn't cost me anything because she qualified for a tuition waiver. It's a fine arts academy too and she gets to take dance as part of her curriculum starting next year

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM
That's wonderful!
hockeyfans30
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Oh, that is amazing!  I have to admit I am a bit jealous!  My DS has a 120 IQ but struggles because of his ADHD and other issues.  He also gets bored I think.  :-(  I am so happy it is working out so well for your DD though!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Awesome news!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

This is great news!!!!! Sounds like the new school has her best interest in mind. I am glad that instead of going off the old school that they retested her themselves. 

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM

That is such great news!!!Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)