Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stress level is over flowing! Nothing else god, please!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
  • 15 Replies
God, I can't take any more. I am a strong woman and love my son with all my heart. But if ine more thing goes wrong with this house, or Nick needs anything else from me, I don't know what I'm going to be able to do. I physically and emotionally can't take it!

We live in a really old house, that we rent from my husbands boss. Our pipes have been frozen almost this whole month. A couple days here and there that have been normal. We had about 2 broken pipes 2 weeks ago. Of course I'm trying to get out the house this morning to go to the team follow up with the feeding clinic. The water is frozen and then starts to thaw. Oh my god! I have water going all over the place in the bathroom. So, I had to run to turn everything off! No water right now. So, I had to get Nick ready to leave with all this going on.

He had his appointment then was going right to the private school. The therapist asked how I was handling everything. I just said ok. Why can't I admit that I'm not handling it well? I guess that would admit that I'm failing. I get Nick to school and she tells me that the snack is home made. So, he can't hVe the cup cake. So, now I'm worried about how he will act with getting a Reese, instead of a cupcake.
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hockeyfans30
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:01 PM

So sorry to hear you have been so overwhelmed!!  :-(  It does get so hard some days!!!!  I wish I had an easy solution, but unfortunately there is not one.  I actually finally had to get on an anti-depressant to help "take the edge off" so to speak.  It has helped a TON though and I feel much more able to cope with days/weeks where nothing seems to go right.  Could you see if you can find a counselor or someone to talk to?  I know this group has helped me more than I can even express!!  Just getting some feedback, ideas, hearing that I am NOT crazy, etc. is amazing!!  I am hoping to join a live support group once the one in the area reconvenes after a break for the holidays.  Do you have a support group around you anywhere?  Do you have a natural support group?  Husband, family, anyone who can help you through the worst of this?  Even if it is just to give you a couple of hours to relax and have some time for yourself.  How about Respite?  Just throwing ideas out there.  :-)  Good luck, and know you are NOT alone!!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Hugs mama!  I don't have as much pride as I used to and when Brady's therapists or teachers ask me how I'm doing with things, I'm 100% honest with them.  If they don't want to hear it, then they shouldn't ask.  HUGS!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM
I think it is just so hard to say that I need extra help. I talked to DH, but there isn't much he can do with his weird work schedule. Then the other issue is that I would have to find time to help myself. I'm just going to have to find a way to deal. Thanks for listening. :)

Quoting hockeyfans30:

So sorry to hear you have been so overwhelmed!!  :-(  It does get so hard some days!!!!  I wish I had an easy solution, but unfortunately there is not one.  I actually finally had to get on an anti-depressant to help "take the edge off" so to speak.  It has helped a TON though and I feel much more able to cope with days/weeks where nothing seems to go right.  Could you see if you can find a counselor or someone to talk to?  I know this group has helped me more than I can even express!!  Just getting some feedback, ideas, hearing that I am NOT crazy, etc. is amazing!!  I am hoping to join a live support group once the one in the area reconvenes after a break for the holidays.  Do you have a support group around you anywhere?  Do you have a natural support group?  Husband, family, anyone who can help you through the worst of this?  Even if it is just to give you a couple of hours to relax and have some time for yourself.  How about Respite?  Just throwing ideas out there.  :-)  Good luck, and know you are NOT alone!!!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Thanks.
I wish I could do that. I think I'm just afraid that I'm going to seem like I am weak. Silly huh?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  I don't have as much pride as I used to and when Brady's therapists or teachers ask me how I'm doing with things, I'm 100% honest with them.  If they don't want to hear it, then they shouldn't ask.  HUGS!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not silly.  You're human.  I honestly don't care what others think about me.  The older I get, the less I care:)

Quoting Nickmom1118: Thanks.
I wish I could do that. I think I'm just afraid that I'm going to seem like I am weak. Silly huh?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually I don't either. But for some reason, if it relates to nick, I just can't get myself to do that.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

No, it's not silly.  You're human.  I honestly don't care what others think about me.  The older I get, the less I care:)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Now, I'm quick to get defensive when it comes to Brady.  But if it's about me or how I'm dealing with stuff, I don't really care.  But, when people make comments about Brady, I can't deal!  

Quoting Nickmom1118: Usually I don't either. But for some reason, if it relates to nick, I just can't get myself to do that.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Well, his feeding therapist. (Which is a psychologist student) is a wonderful woman. She is great and her supervisor is too. But when I got there, a nurse was going over typical stuff. Weight, height, history. And when it came to the different diagnosis that he has I had to include the autism. She got this look on her face and kept saying that she was so sry. I am a little touchy, but I didn't like it. Like it was the worst thing that Nick could have. I just gave her a dirty look and was in shock.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Now, I'm quick to get defensive when it comes to Brady.  But if it's about me or how I'm dealing with stuff, I don't really care.  But, when people make comments about Brady, I can't deal!  

Quoting Nickmom1118: Usually I don't either. But for some reason, if it relates to nick, I just can't get myself to do that.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs Nicole... Its hard...it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.. Dealing with frozen pipes and all the problems with the private school.. Add in managing Nick and walking the fine line of helping/teaching/keeping him together. Its hard!! 

Cut yourself some slack. No one expects perfection... Be a good friend to yourself, be nice to you! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I hate that phrase, "I'm sorry."  I get that ALL the time when people find out Brady has CF.  It gets old.  You know what my response is, "I'm not sorry....we think he's perfect."  Good grief!  LOL!

Quoting Nickmom1118: Well, his feeding therapist. (Which is a psychologist student) is a wonderful woman. She is great and her supervisor is too. But when I got there, a nurse was going over typical stuff. Weight, height, history. And when it came to the different diagnosis that he has I had to include the autism. She got this look on her face and kept saying that she was so sry. I am a little touchy, but I didn't like it. Like it was the worst thing that Nick could have. I just gave her a dirty look and was in shock.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)