Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

The Reason I Jump

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
Have any of you read it? What did you think of the book? I felt like it really helped me to step out of the box I was stuck in and see things more from my SS eyes.
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I've never heard of it to be honest.

MontanaJAC
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a book written by a thirteen-year-old boy with Autism. He uses an alphabet grid to construct words, sentences, and thoughts that he's unable to speak out loud. They ask him tons of questions about the everyday life of living with autism. It's so insightful!
MontanaJAC
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I would recommend it to anyone who has someone who's autistic in their family. It's a really good book and very short. Probably takes about two hours to read.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I've never heard of it to be honest.

Koltie6
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I got it for Christmas and it is a great read!
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM

My good friend who's son goes got school with my son just read this book and said I needed to read it. So definitely going to be reading it soon.

jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I have the book - can't wait to read it, but I've got a stack of Autism books I'm working on.  I think I'll move that one to the top of the stack and read it next.  Glad it helped you!

MontanaJAC
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I understand, I have stacks of books I want to read. The problem is I'm exhausted at the end of the day! This book is nice because you can stop anywhere and return back to it later. Lol

Quoting jowen905:

I have the book - can't wait to read it, but I've got a stack of Autism books I'm working on.  I think I'll move that one to the top of the stack and read it next.  Glad it helped you!

HippoCat
by Hadley on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm waiting for it to come available at the library. There is a CRAZY wait list for it even with all the copies they have. I've heard it's wonderful!

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Never heard of it, but will check it out:)

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Sounds interesting, think I'll read it.

Quoting MontanaJAC: It's a book written by a thirteen-year-old boy with Autism. He uses an alphabet grid to construct words, sentences, and thoughts that he's unable to speak out loud. They ask him tons of questions about the everyday life of living with autism. It's so insightful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)