Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Prayers and good thoughts please! Update ......

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

*Update*

So get to the house to find out there's already a verbal contract but hadn't been executed yet .... but basically meant we needed to decide NOW because there would be a contract soon and had to have a better offer than the other people. My daughter screamed and cried most of the time we were there .... so right now the only positive thing I can say is maybe she was letting us know it wasn't the house. Because after looking at it we just wanted to do a little research on something we were unfamiliar with. I came home, looked a few things up, had our realtor send one question and she calls back and says the house is now under contract. It went on the market YESTERDAY. WTH is going on around here??? What happened to getting to look at a house a couple of times before deciding? We have to walk into a house and say we want it and make an offer on the spot or someone else is going to take it. I need a glass of wine now.

We've been looking for a house for about a month now. We only have so long to find a house because of our current rental situation. Well, my husband has made it a difficult experience for me even though I know he's just trying to do what's best for his family. I love him and hate him for that, if you can understand that. 

SOOO last night I found a house in the price range I really wanted to be in, it has several features that we "want" but never expected to get because a couple of them are very hard to come by in this area. And it's the size my husband wants and overall it just seems like this is the house we've been waiting for. It went on the market just yesterday but houses have been selling like hotcakes around here, so we're seeing it today on my husband's lunch hour. Please please everyone send good vibes and prayers our way. We have to find a house by the end of next week or we may be stuck here for another year and I can't do that to our daughter. This move is going to be hard enough on her at this age, I'm afraid if we try to move when she's older it'll be too much change for her to handle AND we'd have to change schools if we didn't move til next year as well. 

So please everyone send prayers our way. I know we have so much to be thankful for already but I just know this is what my daughter needs. And what I need for her ..... I need to get our family where we're going to be for the next 10 to 15 years so I can start focusing on tapping into all the resources that area will have to offer for my daughter. Thank you ladies for everything!!!

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You got it!  Keep us posted mama!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Good thoughts that ur DH likes the house. :)
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:03 PM

good luck  I hope you both love it!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hope it works out and you both agree to move forward.  Sounds like this may just be the place you need.  Good luck!

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Good luck.
jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I hope this works out for you!  Prayers, prayers and more prayers.  Please let us know.

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I know I'm late with this but sending one giant prayer for your family!  Good Luck!

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Good luck! Everything will work out in your favor:)

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Prayers!! :) Dean usually has a rough two months whenever we have to move, so just be prepared for that and stock up on her favorite thing to do.....that personal time will help. Also sometimes Dean just likes me to play NEXT to him...I'll think he doesn't notice me but when I get up to leave he'll stop me, so I sit back down and keep playing. :)
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hoping everything works out. There is a nice house down the street from me... Wanna be neighbors? :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)