Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child's school have one of these?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Amy
  • 15 Replies

A REAL nurse? 

I have a friend who is a school nurse at one of the high schools here.  Her school has 2000+ kids, but she also has to travel to 2 different elementary schools regularly (600+ students each) because their district won't keep a real nurse on staff.

Does your child's school employee an RN?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! Actually our grade school is 3 schools right next to each other and EACH has an RN as a nurse.

jmegee
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, My kids school has an RN and she is amazing!!!

I feel so fortunate to have her!

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My son's school has a nurse but i don't know if she does another school or not

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

2 full time nurses in the school as well as a health aide (I think paramedic trained) to help out. We have several kids with health issues (school goes to 3rd grade) 5 kids are diabetic needing insulin shots/juice/management and a bazillion nut allergies...

amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM

That's great!

My daughter's school (high school) doesn't have a full time nurse.  There is a part time one, who works only like 2 days a week there, and there are para-professionals who help out in the nurses office as needed. 

I'm not sure about my son's school though.

Quoting SamMom912:

2 full time nurses in the school as well as a health aide (I think paramedic trained) to help out. We have several kids with health issues (school goes to 3rd grade) 5 kids are diabetic needing insulin shots/juice/management and a bazillion nut allergies...

shugerbit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Yes and I am glad because my son has seizures and if he has one over a 5 minutes she can administer diazepam
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah, there was a whole hullaballo about hiring an additional nurse when Sam was in K. (2nd grade now)... and the budget.... then the whole Newtown tragedy (30 minutes from here) and our budget had another big  hit to get our security amped up in forst grade and a bunch of people wanted to scale back the health office... but they just re-arranged some duties.. now health office takes care of all attendance.. :) and the office (along with 2 secirity guards take care of building security and building passes./ visitation 

Quoting amonkeymom:

That's great!

My daughter's school (high school) doesn't have a full time nurse.  There is a part time one, who works only like 2 days a week there, and there are para-professionals who help out in the nurses office as needed. 

I'm not sure about my son's school though.

Quoting SamMom912:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Yep! 

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM

yes

Basherte
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I have no clue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)