Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schedule messed up

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

Talk about rough morning. Little man slept in the bonus room with his sister last night so when he woke up he was confused. He was not cheerful and started carrying his pillow around. This is something he hasn't done it months. I had my sister's 2 youngest here at 630 in the morning so he was not happy about that either. He put his pillow on the couch and laid on it. Then daddy was off today so that threw him off as well. He didn't want to get ready for school and screamed because daddy took him to school and not me. Dh had errands to run and I stayed with the other 3 kids. Today ds is having a Valentine's party so he is going to be staying all day. He hasn't stayed all day in over 5 months. The party is in the afternoon and I wanted him to spend that time with his class. I am hoping his day goes okay since he will have to lay down for quiet time. He no longer takes naps. I can really see what a thrown off schedule does to him. He just was not happy and looked so confused. Please keep little man in your thoughts for a good day

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Goodness, I will definitely be thinking of him. Schedule changes are so hard for our little ones ..... and I know that with mine I find myself forgetting to prep her as much as I should. She's still non-verbal, so when I say grandma's coming tonight she can't tell me how she feels about that, so sometimes I forget she might not want that to happen and she just can't tell me. 

Hopes he enjoys his day and is okay with staying longer because he'll get to be at a party!

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Thanks. There are so many times I mention this to my family and they think I am crazy. That kids learn to go with the flow. Well they don't see the difference I see when things get changed on him. They don't see the extra meltdowns, the extra anxiety, the way he has to cling to me. They just see a little boy being a little boy. 

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Goodness, I will definitely be thinking of him. Schedule changes are so hard for our little ones ..... and I know that with mine I find myself forgetting to prep her as much as I should. She's still non-verbal, so when I say grandma's coming tonight she can't tell me how she feels about that, so sometimes I forget she might not want that to happen and she just can't tell me. 

Hopes he enjoys his day and is okay with staying longer because he'll get to be at a party!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM

oooh I hope it goes well... fingers crossed.... hope you have a quiet evening planned tonight.. :)

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh is cooking stuffed salmon and crabcakes for dinner. The kids are getting pizza since they won't eat either of those.

Quoting SamMom912:

oooh I hope it goes well... fingers crossed.... hope you have a quiet evening planned tonight.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)