Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Support. Anyone live in Indiana??

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Everyone!!

I have lived here in Indiana for 2 years. I am having a hard time meeting other families with Special needs kids who want to form friendships! I can arrange playdates but no friendships seem to stick. 

It not only would help my kids but even me. I miss having girlfriends who I can talk to (thank goodness for you all!! love you!). 

Anyone live in Indiana?

Anyone have advice? I treat friends like family so for me this has been rough.

Thanks to you all so much!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Oh momma. I wish that I lived close by but I live in Tn. I would go to autismspeaks.com and see what groups you may have locally and try that way

jennymoon4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I grew up in Indiana but live in California now. I have re-connected with some high school friends from Indiana as we have children with autism. What part of the state & what age child?
wildchild.com
by Janine on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM
No sorry we live in Ma. Good luck & hugs mama!
jmegee
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Near Indianapolis 5 year old twins  :)

Quoting jennymoon4: I grew up in Indiana but live in California now. I have re-connected with some high school friends from Indiana as we have children with autism. What part of the state & what age child?

ZelisMommy
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I live in Ca.
But have you tried meetup.com? They have different groups with different interests and/or things in common.
jennymoon4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM
The people I know are more around Fort Wayne. However, my good friend is an SLP for pre-school / early education in Indy & may have some good ideas or resources for how to connect with other families. I'll message you if I find out any good ideas from her.

Quoting jmegee:

Near Indianapolis 5 year old twins  :)

Quoting jennymoon4: I grew up in Indiana but live in California now. I have re-connected with some high school friends from Indiana as we have children with autism. What part of the state & what age child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)