Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About to lose my job because time spent on my son.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi. My son is 14 years old. He was diagnosis with Autism at 3yrs old. I have been with DUMC for about 24 yrs.I had a l accumulated enough time that last up to now. I have been on Family medical leave absent to take care of him when need. Which was mainly in the morning which is hard he doesn't like school. It takes a lot of tricks t get him out of the car. That is where my time goes to and I have to catch the bus from parking area to job. That take 30 min. Now, I have to find another job that fits my schedule. Its so hard. I'm not having any luck. When you are a single parents and only income its a lot to deal with. I'm hoping something comes up soon.

Thanks for listening.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
diaperstodating
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs.
I hope you find a new job soon.
tsdaughe
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Why do you have to find another job? With FMLA, you can still take time off just it is unpaid when you are out of paid time off through your employer. As long as you stay under the number of hours you are allowed per year for the intermmitent leave, you cannot be fired.

samomama
by Sally on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck finding something that is more flexible. Hugs.

jowen905
by Jan on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, that is such a stressful position to be in.  I hope things turn around for you soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)