Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Looking for suggestions on what vitamins to buy for Max

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 10 Replies
For kids who don't eat a whole lot, what vitamins would you recommend?
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM

My daughter doesn't like any dairy replacement drinks so calcium is a big worry for us, so I give her a gummy multivitamin plus a gummy calcium vitamin that has vitamin D3 in it as well.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I mix Poly-Visol with iron (liquid vitamin) in my 3 yr olds milk and my 6 yr old likes the gummy vitamins.
emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I would ask his doctor.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM

My kids take Nordic Naturals but they do eat veggies. I know they make vitamins with veggies in them. We used to give Ashton vitamins from Kirkman labs and they were awesome but the apothecary we were getting them from stopped ordering them and we had to order them on our own and I would forget and he wouldn't be getting any since we were already using the Nordic natural Omegas I just started getting the vitamins too and the kids like them. Good luck! 

Stephw1110
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM
We have played the vitamin game for almost 2 years now and I just finally found one Ben will take. He is an extremely picky eater and can pick out the slightest taste difference in anything. We've done the flint stones, Animal Parade, back on the poly-vi-sol, a vitamin compounded by our pharmacist, Kirkman Labs Super Nutra Thera liquid and powder...I was in the natural food store the other day and they had a Thompsons kids vitamin powder and I thought I'd try it. We are 2 weeks strong on it....right now I have been mixing rice protein powder and the vitamin into 24 oz of almond milk and then spreading that out throughout the day. Honestly though, to answer your question the flinstones or the animal parade are fine and are easy to get. I'm thinking there was another one in there too but I don't really remember.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:12 AM

We do gummies!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Brady takes Aquadek, which is Vitamins A, D, E, K - vitamins found in fat.  He doesn't digest fat as he has CF and is Pancreatic Insufficient.  He also takes Vitamin D as his levels are low.  To be honest, if I were you, I'd put him on a general multivitamin for children.  You can get them just about anywhere...chewy ones are fine.  I used to have Brady on a general one that was liquid (had to buy it online) since he doesn't chew food, and I would put through his tube.  

-BeautifulRose-
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:37 AM
My son likes the Yummi Bears Organic Multivitamin.
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM
I was thinking a liquid multivitamin too, thanks :). He gets vitamin D because I nurse and it doesn't pass through breastmilk, but aside from that its just tiring trying to make sure he is getting what he needs. I think I need a new pediatrician too because she hasn't been of much help in this department.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Brady takes Aquadek, which is Vitamins A, D, E, K - vitamins found in fat.  He doesn't digest fat as he has CF and is Pancreatic Insufficient.  He also takes Vitamin D as his levels are low.  To be honest, if I were you, I'd put him on a general multivitamin for children.  You can get them just about anywhere...chewy ones are fine.  I used to have Brady on a general one that was liquid (had to buy it online) since he doesn't chew food, and I would put through his tube.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Here's the site where I got Brady's liquid vitamin from.

Quoting Maxsmommy123: I was thinking a liquid multivitamin too, thanks :). He gets vitamin D because I nurse and it doesn't pass through breastmilk, but aside from that its just tiring trying to make sure he is getting what he needs. I think I need a new pediatrician too because she hasn't been of much help in this department.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN