Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Going to the mall

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 14yo loves to go to the mall. Like all ASD kids she likes a specific one and that one is Hot Topic. Many products with her special interests (Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Transformers, Doctor Who, Mario) are in that store and she wants everything. Also, the mall is loud so she brings her ipod and listens to music. 

Do you go to the mall with your child?

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM

My NT child adores Hot Topic and she's gotten my ASD kiddo to love going there now too.  He likes that they have so much Pokemon, Dr. Who, etc that he wants and of course all of the Harry Potter and Minecraft tee shirts too.  lol

Aoife_Of_2
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Mine are fans of Hot Topic and Spencers. Between the Minecraft to Mario to MLP and more my 5 and 8 yr old love going in. Plus my youngest likes there music. And the toys r us and bookstore are next door. We go twice a month since its an hr away. Both are Aspies like myself.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Not if I don't have to.  My son is overstimulated by the mall.  He's 5 and likes the play place and pony ride if not too crowded.  But he'd rather not shop. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM
My kids like Hot Topic as well. My teens that is. They like the minecraft and doctor who stuff. But we don't go to the mall often. I can't really being my toddler/preschooler. He is too hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatink7
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM

hates the mall, used to love visiting play area when younger. go to see disney store and possible eat lunch but thats it. if we go, it before they open and stand in from of needed store. they used to get photos done at picture people (best place for them but closed apr07)  then get pretzel from auntie anns.

i took youngest 3 there last yr for play area and spencers (posters and vday gift for dh) loved it 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM

My son is 3 and hates any shopping. His sister is 5 and loves all shopping LOL. My son is ASD and dd is NT. He is fine once there but before we go in he always protests

wildchild.com
by Janine on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM
My son loves the escalter...he'd ride it all day if I let him.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:04 AM

My son doesn't understand what the mall is...he does like to run around open spaces though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)