Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Pampering mom

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

So what do you do to pamper yourself? Do you get your nails done or get a massage? Do you take long baths with a glass (bottle) of wine LOL? Do you have a special beauty routine that you do to make yourself feel better?

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I don't really do anything beauty wise other than the typical shower/makeup.  Occasionally when out running errands I will get a really good cup of coffee at Starbucks or somewhere as kind of a pick me up.  And at home I always have the snuggliest, softest blankets I can find to either snuggle up with my kids or just myself once everyone finally crashes for the night. 

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Shower, make up, and if my mom will babysit and I have a friend to go with I go out. Haven't done that since October.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it amazing how a Starbucks cup of coffee just gives you that right pick me up and makes your days feel better 

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I don't really do anything beauty wise other than the typical shower/makeup.  Occasionally when out running errands I will get a really good cup of coffee at Starbucks or somewhere as kind of a pick me up.  And at home I always have the snuggliest, softest blankets I can find to either snuggle up with my kids or just myself once everyone finally crashes for the night. 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I use to not walk out of my house without makeup. Now I am lucky if I put it on even on special occasions. Once I had kids I didn't put it on much. Really need to get back into the habit though. Even just a little makeup improved my mood.

Quoting Jenn8604: Shower, make up, and if my mom will babysit and I have a friend to go with I go out. Haven't done that since October.

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I like to go out with friends or even just by myself! Just a nice meal out or even a walk around the mall is relaxing. 

But I don't have a beauty routine unless you count when I scrub the dry skin off my foot. LOL

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I should have said a shower by myself for pampering. If my son hears the shower he wants to play in the "rain". And as for makeup. That happens when I go out or on a job interview. I've never been a make up person except for special occasions.

Quoting JTMOM422:

I use to not walk out of my house without makeup. Now I am lucky if I put it on even on special occasions. Once I had kids I didn't put it on much. Really need to get back into the habit though. Even just a little makeup improved my mood.

Quoting Jenn8604: Shower, make up, and if my mom will babysit and I have a friend to go with I go out. Haven't done that since October.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Sometimes I hop in the tub and put on a face mask and read a book or go on pinterest or CM.. but it's always short lived... My 2 year old always finds me lol then she rats me out to my 6 year old and They're all like MOM! MOM! When I have money, I usually go shopping for a new shirt or pants..I Don't do it often.. I wish I had money right now, but the government is awesome like that and Theyre taking their sweet time processing my EI claim -_-
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM

They closed our mall today. 3-4 inches of ice on roads and now snowing. I love to walk at the nature trails.

Quoting mypbandj:

I like to go out with friends or even just by myself! Just a nice meal out or even a walk around the mall is relaxing. 

But I don't have a beauty routine unless you count when I scrub the dry skin off my foot. LOL

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Tell me about it. My kids think a momma's bath is the best. They feel the need to be in there lol

Quoting Jenn8604: I should have said a shower by myself for pampering. If my son hears the shower he wants to play in the "rain". And as for makeup. That happens when I go out or on a job interview. I've never been a make up person except for special occasions.
Quoting JTMOM422:

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I think our kids have momma radars LOL. My kids find me and want to be with me

Quoting MistyMoo: Sometimes I hop in the tub and put on a face mask and read a book or go on pinterest or CM.. but it's always short lived... My 2 year old always finds me lol then she rats me out to my 6 year old and They're all like MOM! MOM! When I have money, I usually go shopping for a new shirt or pants..I Don't do it often.. I wish I had money right now, but the government is awesome like that and Theyre taking their sweet time processing my EI claim -_-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)