Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Hates to go anywhere!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:12 AM

That's my son sometimes. But there are just some days where he HAS to go where I am and thankfully he is well behaved and just rolls with it!

Addysmom309
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Unfortunately that is not the case with my daughter she get very upset and cries and pitches a fit I'm hoping it is just a stage because she used to not mind going place!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Jonathan is fine until he finds out it has to do with shopping loo

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Yep... Sam is like that too... Its mostly related to sensory and anxiety. Poor thing... He was great until about 2 at that point I think he realized we were NOT the same person...and he let it be known! There is NO PLACE on this earth my boy LIKES to go... Places he will go without pitching a fit... BUT, errands are few and far between, maybe 2 stops... Otherwise I sit in the car and hubby runs in,,, or They sit in the car when I go. If we BOTH need to go, we drag Sam in.. It takes him a few minutes to adjust.. (He is getting better with it all the time) but on days when we NEED him to do something.. We pick our battles.. For example, IF he has to go out to dinner with us someplace, errands are OFF the table for the day... I will only TAX him for the stuff that I need him to do.. Not the stuff i WANT him to do... I FORCED things for a long time thinking it would desensitise him.. It didnt, he got more and more stresed, less compliant, things would set him off easier... So we do it this way now.. It CERTAINLY isnt ideal... But I have come to the conclusion that having an ASD kid just isnt ideal in any way shape or form. 

RainyMorning28
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Caleb is like that. He hates to go anywhere. He would be truely happy if he could stay home with me all day long everyday. He has a hard time wvwn when it is something that he wants to do. He wants to get in and out. I'm hopping to get home services for him soon. Then I can leave him home when it is grocery day.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Welcome to the group!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN