Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Why I love when other kids on the spectrum have parties...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM
  • 21 Replies
6 moms liked this

Ashton's friend from school had a bowling party yesterday for his 8th birthday and Ashton had a blast! They rented out a small bowling alley, made their own food (kid friendly food), the noise level was low considering it was a bowling alley..they had no music on and everyone there was his family (totally supportive of kids with autism) and a few friends... My typical dd had a birthday party to go to at the same time at a fun center so I went with Ashton and took Jackson and my hubby with Madelyn and I admit I was nervous but it ended up being great. Ashton did really well bowling and wants to do it again. :)

I'll add a pic in comments

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM
5 moms liked this

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds great!!! 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this

That's awesome!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

What fun!  He's a cutie!  Glad everyone had a fun time!  We are off to a birthday party today too,hope it goes as well as yours did. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Thank! I hope yours does too :)

Quoting Jenibob:

What fun!  He's a cutie!  Glad everyone had a fun time!  We are off to a birthday party today too,hope it goes as well as yours did. 

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Aww I love it!! I wish there were more people like that here!

D is a big bowler! It was my DH's idea to get him started and he loves it! In the Summer they have a league that he and Dh are on. But they are so familiar with everyone there that Dillon is very cOmfortable. This is from this morning... =)
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Mobile Photo

Aww I love it!! I wish there were more people like that here! D is a big bowler! It was my DH's idea to get him started and he loves it! In the Summer they have a league that he and Dh are on. But they are so familiar with everyone there that Dillon is very cOmfortable. This is from this morning... =)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM
That might be something Ashton may like to do on the weekends or during Summer vacation. At the end of the Summer everyone gets atrophy and they have a pizza party.

Quoting Charizma77:

That's wonderful!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Mobile Photo

Aww I love it!! I wish there were more people like that here!

D is a big bowler! It was my DH's idea to get him started and he loves it! In the Summer they have a league that he and Dh are on. But they are so familiar with everyone there that Dillon is very cOmfortable. This is from this morning... =)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great...glad he had a good time!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM

I'll have to check in to it :)

Quoting TheJerseyGirl: That might be something Ashton may like to do on the weekends or during Summer vacation. At the end of the Summer everyone gets atrophy and they have a pizza party.
Quoting Charizma77:

That's wonderful!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Mobile Photo

Aww I love it!! I wish there were more people like that here! D is a big bowler! It was my DH's idea to get him started and he loves it! In the Summer they have a league that he and Dh are on. But they are so familiar with everyone there that Dillon is very cOmfortable. This is from this morning... =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)