Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi there. I am pretty new here and haven't used this site a lot but could use some advice. A few days ago I found a couple fresh rose petals near my husband's wallet on the table and when I asked him where they came from he said he had "no idea." He buys me flowers sometimes on special occasions but there were no special occasions around and he hadn't given me any flowers so I said it was really strange. He said how did he know they weren't from someone sent to me? He also said how could I not trust him? I said it's weird, that's why I didn't trust him now and I said I found them not him so he couldn't say someone gave them to me.  I asked the kids and they had not used flowers or petals in any school projects. Later I asked him if she was pretty. He denied having anything going on and said he had no idea where the flower petals came from. I showed them to him when I discussed it. I told him I really wanted to believe him and he should take it as a compliment that I was concerned because if I wasn't concerned that would mean I didn't care about him. I told him he had to see it my way too, that it was strange and he should wonder. I said I wanted there to be an explanation for it but I can't think of any. He said I was overreacting but he has been doing a couple extra nice things for me the last couple days. It stinks because we have three kids, one is a baby and this is stressing me out and I'm not sleeping well. What would you do?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have asked if he knew where they came from. I'd ask the kids too.

Then I'd let it go. I wouldn't automatically assume anything naughty cuz of a couple flower petals near his wallet.

Has he been unfaithful to you in the past?? Don't let this stress you out it doesn't do a lick of good. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure mama but I'm sending hugs!

Macphee
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would ask of trust or infidelity issues in the past. Flowers is not enough to jump on him. How is your self esteem, mood, etc. having three kids, one being a baby is rough. If he's trying to be nice than bask in that.
Mom2JCI
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

There have been no trust or infidelity issues but a few years ago he was on the phone with one woman he did business with an awful lot. He does tend to talk a lot on the phone, he can out do me, lol. I asked him about that and he said he was talking to her too much and we tried to talk more ourselves. Thanks ladies! Just talking about this I feel better. I think it's important to be aware of things but not go nuts over small things. He is a great husband and father so I'm hopeful I can work through this.

Macphee
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
I love when couples communicate. We've gone through this too. Everybody does. Much love to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)