Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My need to protect my Little Big guy is only surpassed by His need to protect others!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

Many of you that have see my post know me at the the MOM with the sweet Teddy Bear, 10 year old who had surgery to stunt his growth and slow things up to allow him to deal with his issues and just be a kid.

It so hard for him to be 10 and look 15 -16 at times when he is build like like his 6'9 dad already.  Socially he tends to draw the attention of older girls, who you know I have to run off, he like the attention but cant get the words out, and if he tries any sound can come out.  We never had the issue of bullying but he as seen it too often.  His daycare had one full blown child with Autism who was smaller and older who watched him from the side and was always laughed at.  He male daycare aide who I suspect has issues as well, just looked on and watch because they are told not to interfer children must find there place.  Well my Little CT decided he was going to make a place for this little fella, and when the boys began to tease him and push up on him the poor baby began to cry, CT jumped up and told them to "Stop"  They laughed and he picked up all 4 boys( Mad football rush) and threw them to the mats!  That was the end of that.  Now that he is is in private shool with ohter special needs kids i noticed always the smallest and most delicate little boys circle him and look for him to get off his bus.  Parents know him because there children may not be able to say much but they know his name.  I dont know what lays ahead for him.  I promised God that I would make him a warrior for those in need, I dont thing I need to even try, he is making his prescence known.  He amazes me every day!  He looks down at me and calls me MOMMY in his little boy voice and still wants kisses and ask a million times, do you love me?  I love you?  I know you love me, because your YOU!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jowen905
by Jan on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Good things lay ahead for him.  I can tell how proud you are, as you should be!  My 12 year old is about as tall as I am now, it's amazing to watch these boys grow up, inside and out, isn't it?

I hope he continues to recover from his surgery and makes great progress.

Jan

wildchild.com
by Janine on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Awe he sounds like a sweetheart :-)
Macphee
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww, proud mom I bet. My guy is the opposite, stunted growth, and pounced on a 9 yr old picking on his brother at 5 years old. He is little, but he is strong and does not have the pecking order in his mind.
lorelei10
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

This made me cry omg.... My little brother was like that once....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)