Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Autism Awareness Month??

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

Autism Awareness month is coming ladies.  What's everyone doing?  This is my son's first since his diagnosis and I want to make it fun for the kids/school.  I'm making frosted cut out puzzle piece cookies for his class, my kids, and cousins.  I'm not sure what else I want to do though.  They already read books to his class about it regularly, and have dress code so I can't dress him up.  We may do a local Autism walk depending on the date.  Are you guys doing anything special?

Product Details

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

What a great idea and fun thing to do!  I might do something puzzle related for Brady's class.  There is an Autism walk here sponsored by the school Brady will attend next year.  We might go.

shugerbit
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I ordered some puzzle piece heart pins online and I have a spool of the ribbons from Wal-Mart. Not sure what I will do with them yet. 

Also its set up that 3 other coworkers and I are volunteering at a local autism center and doing a project with the kids.  Then my store (walmart) is donating money to the center. 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM

That sounds fun.  What a great way to kick off connection with the new school!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What a great idea and fun thing to do!  I might do something puzzle related for Brady's class.  There is an Autism walk here sponsored by the school Brady will attend next year.  We might go.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM

That is great!  Wonderful you have a supportive place you can get involved like that.  Curious to know what you end up doing with the pins.  I think I saw those on line, and they were cute.

Quoting shugerbit:

I ordered some puzzle piece heart pins online and I have a spool of the ribbons from Wal-Mart. Not sure what I will do with them yet. 

Also its set up that 3 other coworkers and I are volunteering at a local autism center and doing a project with the kids.  Then my store (walmart) is donating money to the center. 

lady_katie
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm, I hadn't really thought about it yet, but I would like to do something. Maybe I'll start by finally getting a ribbon magnet for my car lol, I've been meaning to do that for months!! I can probably stick a little something in my sons classmates mailboxes too.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Truthfully I've always wanted to do a walk in D's name. Other than that I'd like to make bracelets and give them out.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I had one on mine! But I didn't want anyone questioning why in front of D (since we know people are ignorant that way!) and took it off. Ebay has them very cheap!

Quoting lady_katie: Hmm, I hadn't really thought about it yet, but I would like to do something. Maybe I'll start by finally getting a ribbon magnet for my car lol, I've been meaning to do that for months!! I can probably stick a little something in my sons classmates mailboxes too.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:07 AM

You go girl with your crafty self!!!  I'm going to hand out bracelets too, but I'm going to order them.  I'm not crafty!  Good for you!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Truthfully I've always wanted to do a walk in D's name. Other than that I'd like to make bracelets and give them out.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I have nothing planned. I am on the boys' school's PTA though and might see if we can do something as a school to raise awareness. Hmm.

LadyAmaranth
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM

No. No plans.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)