Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

St Patrick's Day and ANOTHER snow day. Someone shoot me.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

So we have 5 inches and it's still falling. When D went to bed last night he prayed for snow. I need to start getting him to pray for mom to hit the lottery. lol

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charley31
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:49 AM
I'm in jersey too. I'm over it. We he about 4" and it's still coming down. Ryan doesn't have school since it's a 2 hour delay. I can't take him outside since I have Samuel. Today is going to be a looooong day! :(.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:54 AM

It sure is! We actually had off today but then they used it as a make up snow day. Who would have thought they'd have to cancel the make up day?

DH is a teacher but in North Jersey where they didn't get anything, but had to call off anyway. So he can take D out in it because I refuse to look at it anymore!

Quoting charley31: I'm in jersey too. I'm over it. We he about 4" and it's still coming down. Ryan doesn't have school since it's a 2 hour delay. I can't take him outside since I have Samuel. Today is going to be a looooong day! :(.

charley31
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Even my dogs are over the snow. I opened the door to let them out and they both backed and walked away from the door. They usually will play in it. Dh just text me that he made it to work and the roads are crappy. Ahhhhh I'm going to go crazy...no wait I'm probably already crazy.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

It sure is! We actually had off today but then they used it as a make up snow day. Who would have thought they'd have to cancel the make up day?

DH is a teacher but in North Jersey where they didn't get anything, but had to call off anyway. So he can take D out in it because I refuse to look at it anymore!

Quoting charley31: I'm in jersey too. I'm over it. We he about 4" and it's still coming down. Ryan doesn't have school since it's a 2 hour delay. I can't take him outside since I have Samuel. Today is going to be a looooong day! :(.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:11 AM

LOL! It's pretty bad when the dogs won't go out! I have Keeshonds and they are made for snow, but my female gets this pitiful look on her face and lifts her paw like someone just ran over it. Such a sissy in the snow!

Does you DH work far from home? Mine is two hours away on a good day..today would have taken him 4 hours to get there and another coming home...lol.

Quoting charley31: Even my dogs are over the snow. I opened the door to let them out and they both backed and walked away from the door. They usually will play in it. Dh just text me that he made it to work and the roads are crappy. Ahhhhh I'm going to go crazy...no wait I'm probably already crazy.
Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Same here! I hate that it's another snow day. We only have a couple inches here though. But school is cancelled and his feeding clinic just called to cancel that too. I do not want to go out in the snow. It all just melted and now there's more. :(
charley31
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
He has to go to diff places every day. He works for pseg but today he had a 20min drive thankfully. Usually he doesn't go far in his car If he travels far he will use company truck. I have pit bulls and they are just big babies.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

LOL! It's pretty bad when the dogs won't go out! I have Keeshonds and they are made for snow, but my female gets this pitiful look on her face and lifts her paw like someone just ran over it. Such a sissy in the snow!

Does you DH work far from home? Mine is two hours away on a good day..today would have taken him 4 hours to get there and another coming home...lol.

Quoting charley31: Even my dogs are over the snow. I opened the door to let them out and they both backed and walked away from the door. They usually will play in it. Dh just text me that he made it to work and the roads are crappy. Ahhhhh I'm going to go crazy...no wait I'm probably already crazy.
Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM

It missed us... It must be further south... Poor sam.. And poor me.. Now we have to fight about school.... Lol

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry! My dd used to pray for snow and she'd tell me so every time it snowed. It kind of turned into a joke where I'd get on her to quit praying for snow!!!!! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh.  Sorry.  We finally got a reprieve.  This has been the longest winter!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

This winter has been long and hard.  Thankfully last weeks and this weeks mess missed us here in Ohio.  Good thing because I'm on strike and refuse to touch the shovel any more!  Sorry you got stuck with it:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)