Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I can't even go to Walmart

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Without running into one of my kids doctor. They're everywhere. I went to Walmart yesterday and saw Xavier's doctor. I go to the Y and see his therapist. I go to the grocery store and see another one of the doctors in the office we go to. Birthday party we went to over the weekend another doctor my oldest daughter sees is there with his kids.
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Ha! 

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM

lol.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Momism101
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM
RUN!!!!! No, I'm kidding.. But as if we don't get enough of them, them seem to follow us lol!!
wildchild.com
by Janine on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM
That's funny small world :-)
lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya know none of them doubted Xavier's diagnosis.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

lol.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:12 PM

LOL!

samomama
by Sally on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM

:))

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM

LOL. Sounds like you all travel in the same circles  

yourdoingwhat
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL sounds like a good thing to me. Whenever you got a question that needs a doctors answer, just go to the store, the Y, friends house. No more scheduling an appointment lol.

TJandKarasMom
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I just saw this post on my main cm page...I am an ABA therapist pt, I only have two kiddos right now that I work with...I don't run into them becaus they both live in other towns, but my company actually has a policy about this...we aren't supposed to initiate conversations, but if parents or kids talk to us first, we are welcome to spend time with them as long as they want. The idea being that if I am out with anyone who knows my job, if I initiate a conversation I just broke privacy for the child...if the parents or child initiate, then they are choosing to acknowledge our relationship.

Just as an outside idea...if you are comfortable with them, you may want to initiate conversation because thier policies might dictate that they not initiate...just don't want you to think anyone is avoiding you or your son! Most people that work with these kiddos absolutely adore them...I would never want one of my clients or families to think I was avoiding them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)