Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I frightened myself....

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM
  • 32 Replies

Today was one of those long days, we all have them. I am sick, my son came home super worked up because the MCAS tests start tomorrrow. He was all over the place loud, repeating, ticking...you name it. I asked many times for him to settle down and then he accidently almost tripped me down our long flight of stairs and I got so mad that I actually raised my hand like I was going to hit him. I have never done that before...I don't know what came over me. I didn't do it but he saw me and kind of flinched. I broke into tears and hugged him. It was a wake up call to me. I have to find a way to make my life simpler so I can spend more time with him and slow down. This is no way to live...raising my son is a full time job, I am our soul support. Something has to change...thanks ladies for listening- xo

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hugs Kari...  Wish you were closer so I could drop off soup and help you. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Hugs mama...it's been a rough few weeks for me as well.  I know how you feel.  I really do.

yourdoingwhat
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

This won't help you, but I smoke. (Cigarettes ladies,  just cigarettes) my reason....I smoke so my kids can live! My doctor asks me every time I go for check up, you ready to sell the kids (way less harsh then asking if I want to kill them lol), nope I say and all he says is let me know when you are. Yes they are bad for me, but that 3/4 minute alone time(I don't smoke in house) does me wonders. I'm saving my becoming a raging alcoholic til all the kids are out lol. (That was a joke yes I have a sick sense of humor) YOU, MY WONDERFUL CAFE MOM FRIEND STOPPED YOURSELF, KUDOS FOR THAT. YOU ALSO REALIZE YOU NEED A BREAK AGAIN KUDOS. BEG, PLEAD, BARTER, WITH SOMEONE FOR AN HOUR OR TWO BREAK A WEEK. yes even that hour or two does wonders. Step outside, take a deep breath in and release, do 5 or 10 more times. It does help, even without the cigarette lol.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Hugs Mama!  I hope something gives for you soon and you get a break!  You're a great Mom, and doing a wonderful job.  You're just over worked, over stressed, and under relaxed/supported!  Hugs.

neveragain17
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs to you mama! I've been feeling very at edge with my L/O and have just now found a pre-school that will take her from 1-5 it's autism based and I don't know what it would do without this help. Although she hasn't started yet I'm starting to see light at the end of out tunnel. I wish you the best mama
Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM

When we are sick it's Always so difficult. Hang in there!group hug

wildchild.com
by Janine on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Big hugs mama!
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM

:( Hugs mama...

def have been there before

lucasmadre
by Kari on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Darby, coming from you that means a lot. I know what a great mom you are. It has been a long winter hasn't it? I just feel pulled in too many directions...xo sorry you are having a hard time :(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama...it's been a rough few weeks for me as well.  I know how you feel.  I really do.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It makes me feel better to know that you understand, it was just a moment in time where I thought- something has to change. That I am this stressed out doesn't make sense...I love my little boy and would never want to do or say anything to hurt him. Thanks- xo

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

:( Hugs mama...

def have been there before

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)