Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Not sure if I really belong here...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don't have kids on the Spectrum, I have a DD that is very borderline but not diagnosed. But I have spent the past 6 or 7 years working with kids on the spectrum, as a behavior interventionist, a one on one para, and now as an ABA therapist.

I absolutely adore the kiddos I work with...I work pt right now and have two kids I see about 10 hours each a week (one that is pretty severe, and one that is just a social/Aspergers kid) and I homeschool my two middle schoolers. I just wanted to be able to offer any support, encouragement, or anything else to any of you moms. I am great at my job, but I admire moms that do it 24/7.

I hope you don't mine me checking in here every now and then. If I don't belong, feel free to tell me to leave! I just thought I might be able to offer something to someone :)
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Welcome to the group!!  Very supportive group here!!  And we're always asking each other for information that your profession may shed some light on.  Welcome! 

Senile-felines
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Yes you are welcome here. I work in an autism program. I love working with my kids at school. My 15 year old son is on the spectrum. Welcome!
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Welcome! Any advice and info you could share would be greatly appreciated. :) i have one of those social (non social) asperger kids.. 7... We have lots of problems with school... Any suggestions? :) 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Welcome to the group. I think it's great that you wanted to join to share your experiences and help to us. The great thing about this group is that we all come together to help each other and to be there when others need that shoulder to lean on. I hope you stay. I know that there are questions that I would personally love to ask you

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Welcome to the group! I hope you start to feel like you belong here soon. This is a wonderful group with some pretty amazing ladies :)

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Welcome, anyone wanting to help special needs kids belongs here!  Hope you learn from us as much as we can learn from you.

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Welcome to the group!!!
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Welcome, I am sure your advice would be welcome here. :)

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Cool! My son is starting intensive in-home ABA in a month. I'm pretty nervous.. He is starting 20 hours per week and it will be a huge adjustment for us. It's ALL or NOTHING around here. Any words to calm my nerves?

Welcome
lucasmadre
by Kari on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Are you kidding? You are a wonderful wealth of information and a perspective we could all use. Thank you for joining in!

I'll ask a question-what do you think makes the biggest impact on children like ours? What is the most helpful thing we can do for them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN