Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

We made it to ND!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just wanted everyone to know we got here safe & sound. LOVING the new 'old' house. It's twice as big as our doublewide- big enough to lose Sally! Lol- that ought to keep me busy. The kids seem satisfied, that's a relief- cable tv goes a long way:(-
The house when we looked at it last summer was being worked on- floors & painting. DH has got the kitchen & family room set up & functional- I'm pretty sure every room needs painted! I was a little overwhelmed the first day- but gosh it has potential!
Starting to feel like a functional human being again having my family together. I was getting in a little bit of a 'dark' place with us being apart. Haven't been that way since my mother died- not suicidal - just not myself.
Trip up here was long. Had the oldest boy with me & we listened to 2 books. Sally wouldn't leave her daddy- her & middle brother stayed in uhaul truck all the way. I don't know how DH did it, lol, better him than me!
Had a quick stay in KC- saw friends & family, they were very supportive. We needed that after saying our tearful goodbyes in TN. My BFF in TN is having a hard time. That's all I have to say about that. Missing my dad. I guess he ran the vacuum cleaner for a HOUR and managed to blow a circuit- I have to call an electrician! I can tell already he will be an exspensive renter! Hmmm...Though I miss him, kind of feel like a grown-up who finally moved out! Lol, wasn't expecting that!
DH went back to work this morning. Feels like old times- making coffee & his lunch, haven't done that in 2 yrs. It's the little things. I'm old fashioned, if I'm able to be a SAHW, the least I can do is make a lunch. He's in the middle of nowhere 12 hrs away- he's been eating gas station food for almost a yr now- ugh!
There are 2 other families here from TN that we know & they've come by to welcome us, so it isn't like I don't know anyone. One is a couple that DH worked with, another is a kid that used to work for DH, he came up here to start a new life- he's young 25, and just got his family here last week. His woman is only 23 & already homesick. I figure I should give her a call. They have 2 little ones, so Sally might like that. I plan to have a party in a couple of weeks.
So, it's all working out and I'm so proud of my family getting through this. We had a plan and followed it! LOVE it when a plan comes together!
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnns
by Johnna on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:29 AM
*12 hrs a day- not away. Lol

Quoting johnns: Just wanted everyone to know we got here safe & sound. LOVING the new 'old' house. It's twice as big as our doublewide- big enough to lose Sally! Lol- that ought to keep me busy. The kids seem satisfied, that's a relief- cable tv goes a long way:(-
The house when we looked at it last summer was being worked on- floors & painting. DH has got the kitchen & family room set up & functional- I'm pretty sure every room needs painted! I was a little overwhelmed the first day- but gosh it has potential!
Starting to feel like a functional human being again having my family together. I was getting in a little bit of a 'dark' place with us being apart. Haven't been that way since my mother died- not suicidal - just not myself.
Trip up here was long. Had the oldest boy with me & we listened to 2 books. Sally wouldn't leave her daddy- her & middle brother stayed in uhaul truck all the way. I don't know how DH did it, lol, better him than me!
Had a quick stay in KC- saw friends & family, they were very supportive. We needed that after saying our tearful goodbyes in TN. My BFF in TN is having a hard time. That's all I have to say about that. Missing my dad. I guess he ran the vacuum cleaner for a HOUR and managed to blow a circuit- I have to call an electrician! I can tell already he will be an exspensive renter! Hmmm...Though I miss him, kind of feel like a grown-up who finally moved out! Lol, wasn't expecting that!
DH went back to work this morning. Feels like old times- making coffee & his lunch, haven't done that in 2 yrs. It's the little things. I'm old fashioned, if I'm able to be a SAHW, the least I can do is make a lunch. He's in the middle of nowhere 12 hrs away- he's been eating gas station food for almost a yr now- ugh!
There are 2 other families here from TN that we know & they've come by to welcome us, so it isn't like I don't know anyone. One is a couple that DH worked with, another is a kid that used to work for DH, he came up here to start a new life- he's young 25, and just got his family here last week. His woman is only 23 & already homesick. I figure I should give her a call. They have 2 little ones, so Sally might like that. I plan to have a party in a couple of weeks.
So, it's all working out and I'm so proud of my family getting through this. We had a plan and followed it! LOVE it when a plan comes together!
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Glad you are there... Have been thinking of you! :) sounds like things are busy! Any adventures to tell of the trip itself? :) 

jowen905
by Jan on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

What a relief!  I'm glad you made it safe and sound and the moving is over!!  Have fun settling in and it's nice that you've already met people.  Congratulations!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Glad you are there. Happy for you that all of you are together. :)
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Great update!!!  Glad you and all your stuff made it safe and you are settling in!! 

johnns
by Johnna on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty uneventful. We saw ice fishing for the first time- only pic we took! ( only other than a 'selfie' when we got there)
I didn't need much to get worked up about. Had a couple of panic attacks with the thought of my whole family being on the road with MOST of our belongings- lol. Thank God for the audio book - Divergent!
Sally did well-I can get worked up pretty good when we are all out in public. I have a tendency to be 'overprotective' with Sally. Lol. It's the parking lots, obsessions- the more I try to 'get a grip' with her, the harder she tries to get away-defiant! The key with her is to stay relaxed- I know this- it's hard for me, I'm a bit of a 'Nervous Nelly'. In new environments I never know just what the heck is going to be her target! She's quick and keeps me on my toes. Sally is very perceptive to your feelings, so with 2 teen boys, me, a middle aged woman, there is a LOT of 'emotions' going on! DH seems to keep his 'cool'- always been one of his best assets.
It's really quite incredible how well the whole family has adapted. I really couldn't have to expected it to go this well. Whew! What a load off!

Quoting SamMom912:

Glad you are there... Have been thinking of you! :) sounds like things are busy! Any adventures to tell of the trip itself? :) 

terri-553
by Terri on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

huggingI am happy the trip is done and all is well.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

So happy you guys made it safe and sound!! That was definitely a very long thoughtout plan and you made it happen! So awesome!! Hope your family starts fitting right in to their new lives. :)

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM

You made it!  Woo-Hoo!  Way to go!   Now to the next chapter of your lives, how exciting!

samomama
by Sally on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Glad you made it! I bet you feel releived to be back all together. I hope you all enjoy the life in your new house!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN