Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Have you ever tried any biomedical treatments?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Amy
  • 9 Replies

What were they?  Did they work for you/your child?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ML77
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

YES!! My son started taking Methyl B12 injections 4 months ago and he is doing fantastic!! We (his parents, teachers, drs, therapists) have seen tremendous improvements in him since he started. His speech scores are over his goals on his IEP charts for the first time!! When we first saw the DAN Dr. my son tested at 26 on the chart (I can't remeber the name of this chart. We were told they want kids to be below a 40 with the lower the number the  better.  My son 4months into the treatment was scoring at an 8 (0 is no symptoms)! To say I am amazed at his improvements is an understament.

My son takes an injection given my my husband or I ever other day at home.  The injections are a bit costly and not covered by insurance. We pay around $90 per month but worth every penny! I have never used biomedical treatments in my life and thought they were a hoax until trying this.  I was a desperate mom who just wanted to give my son every chance possible.  It is worth a shot (no pun intended)! 

lucasmadre
by Kari on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM

WOW, that is pretty dramatic results. Congratulations!! I wonder if it has to be injections or if you could take it as a suppliment. I know my son would flip about the shots...I am so happy for you, I am going to look into this. Thanks xo

Quoting ML77:

YES!! My son started taking Methyl B12 injections 4 months ago and he is doing fantastic!! We (his parents, teachers, drs, therapists) have seen tremendous improvements in him since he started. His speech scores are over his goals on his IEP charts for the first time!! When we first saw the DAN Dr. my son tested at 26 on the chart (I can't remeber the name of this chart. We were told they want kids to be below a 40 with the lower the number the  better.  My son 4months into the treatment was scoring at an 8 (0 is no symptoms)! To say I am amazed at his improvements is an understament.

My son takes an injection given my my husband or I ever other day at home.  The injections are a bit costly and not covered by insurance. We pay around $90 per month but worth every penny! I have never used biomedical treatments in my life and thought they were a hoax until trying this.  I was a desperate mom who just wanted to give my son every chance possible.  It is worth a shot (no pun intended)! 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM

No I have never tried these. I have heard it works for some and not for others

ML77
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM
It does work for some not others. To be best absorbed it needs to be injected. The needles are teeny tiny. Our dr first gave us a numbing cream but we don't use it. Our son asks for his shots saying it helps him feel better. Looks up dr. Nuebauer. He is the founder of b12 and there are tons of video, parent testimonials, and info on b12. Yes it does need to be injected into the buttocks to be best absorbed. My son had to be held down for shots at dr. Office before these so his pain tolerance is not high. I say to people if he tolerates it well I believe other kids can too! Good luck and feel free to msg me with questions!
Linda733
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I'm going to look up the dr. The thought of giving my son injections makes me cringe but if will help him I would do it or most likely have my husband do it. He used to give his mom her injections when she was dying with cancer :( I just don't think I have it in me to do that to my baby boy.

Quoting ML77: It does work for some not others. To be best absorbed it needs to be injected. The needles are teeny tiny. Our dr first gave us a numbing cream but we don't use it. Our son asks for his shots saying it helps him feel better. Looks up dr. Nuebauer. He is the founder of b12 and there are tons of video, parent testimonials, and info on b12. Yes it does need to be injected into the buttocks to be best absorbed. My son had to be held down for shots at dr. Office before these so his pain tolerance is not high. I say to people if he tolerates it well I believe other kids can too! Good luck and feel free to msg me with questions!

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM
My guy was screened for b12 levels and vitamin d. All is well, we do vitamin supplements and juicing.

I go for biomedical before medication. We did a year long detox which worked out great
ML77
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM
I didn't think I would be able to either but moms are tough! Also my sons levels all came back normal too but our Dr still does the injections so I think your levels can be normal but this will still benefit.
Linda733
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM

That's amazing and I have been looking for a DAN dr in my area. I found one but they won't treat kids my sons age so I can go to PA or NY and both having long waiting lists which Zachary is on. 

Quoting ML77:

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I haven't. My friend did some kelation (sp?) for her son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN