Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I am SO sad (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Jen
  • 13 Replies

crying

I made a car seat trade with my friend. She isn't a tech but she is about as passionate about car seats as I am so I totally trust her seat. She gave me her frontier 85 and I gave her my boulevard 70.  Her teenage dd has a one year old and they were going to use it as an extra seat when the dd took her baby out w/ her friends. 

I was kinda sad to see it go but didn't really need it. 

About a week or two later, my friend texted me back and said she was giving me back the seat. She said her dd didn't need it and something about her not being grateful for having it or whatever. Her dd is kind of like that - I think she wasn't liking this seat and probably complaining that it wasn't new. (normally I wouldn't adovcate using a used seat, but I can assure you all, it was a good seat; not expired or in an accident. 

So, I was like, that is fine. Actually, I was happy to get my seat back. I have a Cosco Scenera I use as an extra seat for kiddos I babysit for from time to time and decided I'd like to use my boulevard for that instead of the cosco. I kinda wish I had thought of that to begin with.  

Well, tonight I get a text from my friend. Apparently, her dd left the car seat in a friends car and the friend (another teenager) ran a red light and t-boned someone, totaling her own car and my seat!! 

I'm SO sad. My friend is telling the other teen's mom (who doesn't speak good English btw) that the seat should be replaced. But will the insurance realy replace it? I'm afraid that without pressure from the owner, they won't. And if they do, I don't know if she will give me the money or not (it's a $300 seat). She said she would but I am not counting on it. 

It doesn't matter, we made a fair trade. I know that. And I know I'll get over it. But I'm just so sad. I really loved that seat and I was looking forward to getting it back. 

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww that's a shame!  I remember giving my crib away to a family friend who had adopted a little blind/mue girl. They had nothing and I felt it was the nicest gesture and they really needed one. Well of course, it broke my heart to see it go. And everyone joked I would get pregnant again now that the crib was gone.

Silly people.

And then I got pregnant with Dillonblank stare

Maybe the same for you? lol

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh! I STILL have  his new crib...never getting rid of it!

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Um no way am I ever getting pregnant again!!! I'm turning 40 this year so I'm too old. Besides, Liam's pregnancy was just awful. I can't do that again. I just can't. 

Also, I had some horrible postpartum anxiety (that I still have) and another baby would make that worse I'm sure. Liam will be in kindergarten next year (2015) and I'm very much looking forward to that!! 

Don't jinx me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Aww that's a shame!  I remember giving my crib away to a family friend who had adopted a little blind/mue girl. They had nothing and I felt it was the nicest gesture and they really needed one. Well of course, it broke my heart to see it go. And everyone joked I would get pregnant again now that the crib was gone.

Silly people.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Aww.  sorry. 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I was like this with my oldest's single stroller.  When I was having the triplets I gave it and the infant carrier seat to a new mama at the Ronald McDonald House where we were staying when trips were in NICU that had nothing when her baby was born, not even a way to get him home from the hospital.  I was having 3 kids, so what did I need with a single stroller.  It broke my heart to give it to her, even though I knew it was the right thing to do and I did not need it.  It was like giving away a piece of my son and I.  Why do we mom's do this to ourselves!!!  I'm still so glad I gave it away, but really, why the guilt to myself then, lol!!! 

You ladies should see me give the trips stuff away now when they are done with it though.  I can't get it out fast enough to anyone that will take it once we're done with the last baby stuff, lol!!  And no jinxing, there will be no more!!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Silly people.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM

No jinxing! LOL!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I was like this with my oldest's single stroller.  When I was having the triplets I gave it and the infant carrier seat to a new mama at the Ronald McDonald House where we were staying when trips were in NICU that had nothing when her baby was born, not even a way to get him home from the hospital.  I was having 3 kids, so what did I need with a single stroller.  It broke my heart to give it to her, even though I knew it was the right thing to do and I did not need it.  It was like giving away a piece of my son and I.  Why do we mom's do this to ourselves!!!  I'm still so glad I gave it away, but really, why the guilt to myself then, lol!!! 

You ladies should see me give the trips stuff away now when they are done with it though.  I can't get it out fast enough to anyone that will take it once we're done with the last baby stuff, lol!!  And no jinxing, there will be no more!!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Silly people.

buckeyefever
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I have only done it with clothes. my husband had a friend who was having a little boy and it killed me to pick up anything of matts and give it away. I felt like an idiot and still do to be that attached to something.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM

:( sorry! :( 

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM

About the insurance replacing it. If the friend that had the accident calls the insurance company and mentions the car seat, they will take the old one and replace a new one. If I remember correctly, we had to buy a new one and then they reimurse you for it. I was a nanny and got into a car accident with her seat in my car. That is how we handled it.

I am still holding onto most of Nicolas baby things. I am scared to get rid of anything. Hoping that one day we will put it all to good use again. :)

samomama
by Sally on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I am sorry! I hate it when things I treasure get ruined. Especially by someone that doesn't care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN