Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Kids and Music

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

Today I was driving with my mom and DS when the song "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer came on the radio. I started laughing because I hadn't heard that song in such a long time. 

All of a sudden, DS yells from the back, "I like this song, turn it up!" lol. 

What type of music does your children like to listen to while in the car?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jenn8604
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Psalty the singing Songbook and the Christian radio station I listen to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM

We have 5 years of Vacation Bible School and Christian sports camp music that our church has done that my kids all ask to listen to. Ashton doesn't really like music but he likes those songs as well :)

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Aww! It depends with D...I swear he is starting to idolize my DH more and more, so if DH loves a song and plays it 1 million times (UGH) he and D will usually dance and sing together!

When we take family rides, we will usually turn up a favorite song and dance in the car. And then there's the occasional SpongeBob songhappy danceacapella of course.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM
He likes one direction. Thanks to my 14 yr old. Lol
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I need to get some 70's disco cds for the car. My daughter still trances out in the car alot but not in the car she loves to dance to any music. But the other day a 70's song came on (one that's played on Despicable Me) and she snapped out of it and looked at me with wide eyes ..... like she was asking Where's my movie???? And I just sang the song and she was just smiling.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Right now we're stuck on the Frozen soundtrack. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Sam only likes classical, where i like classic rock. So we typically dont listen to the radio. I have burned a few cds or plug in my iphone or touch and play some of what we both like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)