Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GI Issues Update after colonoscopy

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

My young adult son is having a colonoscopy on Tuesday.  He is getting the formal dx of Ulcerative Colitus. The scans and his history point directly to IBD but he needs the formal dx for treatment.  I'm just wondering if anyone else in this group has a child with serious GI problems.  Everything I read is so scary! I'm hoping real life isn't so bad.  Even if you don't have a child with this type of problem I'd appreciate your prayers.  This "prep" is BRUTAL!

So we just got home from the surgery center where he had the colonoscopy.  He has some ulcers in about 15cm of his colon but everything else looks pretty good.  Doctor put him on a dairy free diet for now to see if that will help him recover from this flare.  We go back for a followup in a month and go from there unless the biopsy shows something more serious. 

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Oh Mama!!  I have no advice, and can not imagine prepping my son with ASD for that procedure.  Oh, I do not envy you right now!!!  I can do the prayers though.  Please let us know how it goes!!  HUGS!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Hugs mama...I know that must be difficult for all of you.  My son has serious GI problems but not like what you're describing.  Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)