Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My goodness .... this is going to be some day

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter woke up acting pretty much like herself. When she came to the livingroom she was more interested in watching movies than she has been this past week but I didn't think anything of it. I got us ready and out the door to the park ..... she didn't eat anything but that's not unusual for her. I took her breakfast with us. Well, the park trip was a disaster. Everything was setting her off. I couldn't do things just right and she just seemed overall uncomfortable being there so we left. I took her to a store that was pretty much empty and she was enjoying touching things, but the moment I tried to lead her in any way, she flipped.

Just gave up and came home and she was okay for a few minutes, and then had a meltdown over one of her toys. I got her to eat a little but she still hasn't eaten enough and she acted like something was hurting her. I'm wondering if she's getting sick and kinda hoping she is because this behavior is going to get way too exhausting quick. I already have a headache from it. Right now she's playing in the back yard and I'm staying away. I can't do anything right for her today so I'm just going to let her be. 

Good grief ...... I hope she takes a nap later and wakes up in a better mood.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Awe. Big hugs.

It is hard when they get like that. I am having a really rough day myself. We moved some of my nephews clothes in his dresser. It didn't go over well. I could have probably handled the prepping for that better. It was a 2 hr meltdown. He is finally calm so I'm keeping my distance and not bringing anything else in the house today!

Hope your day gets better! Hugs!
jowen905
by Jan on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Here's hoping her day and your day gets better.  I'll be thinking of you over the next couple of hours as I help my son with his math homework.  He's taking a break right now outside - we both started getting frustrated and then he said "Mom, I apologize for not understanding my math", which broke my heart and made me feel like such a jerk. 

I'll pray for patience for both of us!  Thank goodness they can get outside today!

Jan

lady_katie
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM
My son was acting like this during the week and it turned out that he was sick. Now he's feeling better and acting like himself again but my husband and I caught it :(
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Poor guy ..... he's got quite an adjustment to deal with. I am extremely lucky in that my daughter's meltdowns don't last very long. If I can pull her from the situation, she can move on from it. There are times when she tries to go back and get upset all over again but most times I can redirect her well. Like today at the park, there was a tunnel slide that was real narrow. She still doesn't do tunnel slides on her own and it was really too narrow for us to do it together. I still did it once with her, then tried to direct her to the other slides. Well, she wasn't having it. She wanted to go down that tunnel slide and I had to do it with her. So when I wouldn't slide with her, she refused to do anything else and nothing else at the park would appease her so we had to leave. But once we left, she was fine.

Quoting Nickmom1118: Awe. Big hugs. It is hard when they get like that. I am having a really rough day myself. We moved some of my nephews clothes in his dresser. It didn't go over well. I could have probably handled the prepping for that better. It was a 2 hr meltdown. He is finally calm so I'm keeping my distance and not bringing anything else in the house today! Hope your day gets better! Hugs!

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Oh my goodness .... bless his heart! I hope you find a way to help him where he doesn't feel like. And hey, I understand feeling like a jerk ..... I've had plenty of those moments :/

But yes, definitely good they can get outside. My daughter just came in and ate a good lunch and she already seems to be turning around. Crossing my fingers it lasts!

Quoting jowen905:

Here's hoping her day and your day gets better.  I'll be thinking of you over the next couple of hours as I help my son with his math homework.  He's taking a break right now outside - we both started getting frustrated and then he said "Mom, I apologize for not understanding my math", which broke my heart and made me feel like such a jerk. 

I'll pray for patience for both of us!  Thank goodness they can get outside today!

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Oh man, that sucks that you guys all got it! I've managed a couple of times to get away with not catching what's in the house. I know if I get sick too, we're all done for because my husband is utterly useless when he's sick. That's why in December when we all caught colds, I got them well and never got to rest myself and I ended up with bronchitis.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Quoting lady_katie: My son was acting like this during the week and it turned out that he was sick. Now he's feeling better and acting like himself again but my husband and I caught it :(

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Hope things turn around for you!!  I know how those kinds of days go! 

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM
It is actually very rare for them to last that long. But he is having a hard time seperating from his cousin when he needs to. Usually he knows when he needs alone time. But I just can't get him to do that yet. He is too worried about what his cousin is doing.

I'm glad that even though she is having a rough day, that she can be redirected. Is her day getting better?

Nicks cousin came back from the store and he seems better after the time he had with me and my 14 yr old. :) tomorrow is a new day. He has to go to school and his cousin stays home.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Poor guy ..... he's got quite an adjustment to deal with. I am extremely lucky in that my daughter's meltdowns don't last very long. If I can pull her from the situation, she can move on from it. There are times when she tries to go back and get upset all over again but most times I can redirect her well. Like today at the park, there was a tunnel slide that was real narrow. She still doesn't do tunnel slides on her own and it was really too narrow for us to do it together. I still did it once with her, then tried to direct her to the other slides. Well, she wasn't having it. She wanted to go down that tunnel slide and I had to do it with her. So when I wouldn't slide with her, she refused to do anything else and nothing else at the park would appease her so we had to leave. But once we left, she was fine.

Quoting Nickmom1118: Awe. Big hugs.

It is hard when they get like that. I am having a really rough day myself. We moved some of my nephews clothes in his dresser. It didn't go over well. I could have probably handled the prepping for that better. It was a 2 hr meltdown. He is finally calm so I'm keeping my distance and not bringing anything else in the house today!

Hope your day gets better! Hugs!

lady_katie
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Thanks! We're starting to feel better now. I'm just glad it happened on a weekend.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Oh man, that sucks that you guys all got it! I've managed a couple of times to get away with not catching what's in the house. I know if I get sick too, we're all done for because my husband is utterly useless when he's sick. That's why in December when we all caught colds, I got them well and never got to rest myself and I ended up with bronchitis.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Quoting lady_katie: My son was acting like this during the week and it turned out that he was sick. Now he's feeling better and acting like himself again but my husband and I caught it :(

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Big hugs mama...we have those days as well.  Brady has been a handful today.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)