Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waking early, how to get him to sleep later?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son just started sleeping through the night last year, which is wonderful! Now though the issue is he wakes between 5-5:30 every morning. He goes to bed at 8, and no matter what time to goes to bed he's still up before the birds lol. I put a clock in his room and told him to wait until at least 6;30 to wake me up but hasn't worked. He was up at 4 the other morning running around the house having a grand old  time. Anyone have any ideas? Someone told me to look into meletonin, but not sure about that because he sleeps ok, just up really early.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Welcome to my world!  LOL!  My son is 5.5 years old and has always been an early riser.  He gets up between 5:00-6:00 every single morning...regardless of what time he goes to bed.  I just make sure he goes to bed early enough as if I were to keep him up to 9:00, he would still get up at 5:00 and that's not enough sleep for him.  So, he goes to bed around 7:00 every night.

tanylisa
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Seems like he does good for a while waking around 6:30 then suddenly it's back to 5-5:30. we tried putting him to bed earlier over the weekend to see if could get more sleep, but of course he woke up even earlier lol.
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, melatonin is really just to help them fall asleep. I have the opposite problem as you, my son goes to bed late and then sleeps in till 8:30-9:00 am. It's not something I'm really going to complain about though! LOL

But when he starts kindergarten and we have to be there at 8:30, I might be looking for a way to change him.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Idk. My oldest is an early riser, but when he wakes up in the morning he's quiet. He'll go into the office, put the tv on and watch Tom and Jerry until we wake up. My youngest will wake up early sometimes, but he will stay laying down with me until I wake up.
tanylisa
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:59 PM

It's funny, he will come into my room and just start chatting away about whatever it is he's interested in at the moment (right now it's how to make rainbows and characters on Mario Kart) lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)