Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Welcome to Autism - Support Across the Spectrum! Say 'Hi' Here!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 264 Replies
3 moms liked this

wave  Welcome to Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Whether it's you, or your child, on the spectrum, this is a great place to talk about living and loving with Autism.

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. Who in your life is balancing life on the Autism Spectrum?
  3. What is something you'd like us to know about you or your child?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

jigsaw ribbon  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi there , im joy

whitewinterose
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi I'm Victoria. I have 3 littles, aged 5, 3 1/2 and 2 1/2. 
  1. What's on your mind today? Today my head is spinning. I am trying to determine what will be the best course of action for my son next year. If he should go to public school or if I should homeschool. but looking to make a post for help. :) 
  2. Who in your life is balancing life on the Autism Spectrum? My Oldest was quasi diagnosed by his Early Intervention evaluators, but we are waiting for our appointment with his developmental Pedi. I also feel my middle may also on the spectrum. 
  3. What is something you'd like us to know about you or your child? Everyone either over or under estimates his abilities. 
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Welcome Joy, how are you?

Quoting letstalk747:

Hi there , im joy

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Hi Victoria!

Definitely check out what public school has to offer your little guy, I know it's a tough decision.

Quoting whitewinterose:

1. What's on your mind today? Today my head is spinning. I am trying to determine what will be the best course of action for my son next year. If he should go to public school or if I should homeschool. but looking to make a post for help. :) 
  2. Who in your life is balancing life on the Autism Spectrum? My Oldest was quasi diagnosed by his Early Intervention evaluators, but we are waiting for our appointment with his developmental Pedi. I also feel my middle may also on the spectrum. 
  3. What is something you'd like us to know about you or your child? Everyone either over or under estimates his abilities. 

whitewinterose
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. Thanks. The issue I have resides around what will happen when he goes. He is in the public pre-k now, which has 4 aids and a teacher in a class of 5. He also gets his OT at home 2x a week. Next year he enters a class of 35 with only a teacher! And goes from 2 hours to a full day. There is more, which I was going to add in another post. But thanks for advice. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi Victoria!

Definitely check out what public school has to offer your little guy, I know it's a tough decision.

Quoting whitewinterose:

Helptheautism
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Hi their everyone my name is Miriam and I have a 4yr name Damian that he was diagnose with autism one month ago and trying to take it all in was hard i always knew something wasn't right but I really didn't want it to be true but I became strong just for him
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

good , i went and  left the wrong group- this one and realized it  and came right back ,dahhhhhhh

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome Joy, how are you?

Quoting letstalk747:

Hi there , im joy

reiki123
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I am Monica.

It was a good day today! The little boy I tutor/give therapy had a breakthrough! A small milestone we had been working on for months...long way to go but sooo rewarding!

I have clients/students/friends with Autism

My belief in Reiki and practicing Reiki gives me patience to hopefully help my students in some way. It's a blessing!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Welcome to the group Joy! I am Brenda and I have a almost 4 year old son with ASD. How old is your child? Boy or Girl?

Quoting letstalk747:

Hi there , im joy

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Welcome to the group Victoria. My name is Brenda and I have two kids. Girl 5 NT and a boy 4 ASD. My son attends a public school. So far things have been great. KNOCK ON WOOD! I think when people think autism they either see rain man in their head or someone who is wandering in circles moaning. They don't understand it's a spectrum. My son is almost 4 and people cheer him on when he counts to 5. He just ignores them. My son can count and recognize numbers to 100. He can read and write about 50 words. So he is pretty much underestimated most of the time. Just ignore those people and laugh inside at what you trully know of what your son is capable of

Quoting whitewinterose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)