Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Welcome to Autism - Support Across the Spectrum! Say 'Hi' Here!

Posted by   + Show Post

wave  Welcome to Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Whether it's you, or your child, on the spectrum, this is a great place to talk about living and loving with Autism.

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. Who in your life is balancing life on the Autism Spectrum?
  3. What is something you'd like us to know about you or your child?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

jigsaw ribbon  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Replies (151-160):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Welcome to the group! How old is your son?

Quoting rowan68:

Hi I am new to the group. I have just found out my son has Aspergers but it is not conclusive. He refuse to finish the test. I only read a little on Aspergers. He does have ADHA and ODD and a little ocd.Let say my school vacation was not good. I work overnights and sleep during the day. I finally got sleep on my weekend off. I didn't sleep for three days. My boys keep me on my toes.Just now the schools are looking at my five year old with ADHD. In the procses now.It is hard when they are that youngSo with both them having ADHD it has been hard. My oldest son counseler is trying to get me help at home for him.But there is a waiting list.only took me eight months to get him tested for this. Hopefuly i won't wait too long for this.

pam

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:23 PM

waveHi there! 

Quoting Mamaz11: Hi ladies! You all know me already. I'm Z's mom. Darby, I received your info on FB. If anyone isn't sure who I am please PM me. Hugs to all my friends :)

Mamaz11
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Hey Hun..hope all is well :) 

Quoting Charizma77:

waveHi there! 

Quoting Mamaz11: Hi ladies! You all know me already. I'm Z's mom. Darby, I received your info on FB. If anyone isn't sure who I am please PM me. Hugs to all my friends :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Doing pretty good, thanks!

Quoting Mamaz11:

Hey Hun..hope all is well :) 

Quoting Charizma77:

waveHi there! 

paganmusicmama
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Terri from Rhode Island and I'm a mom of three, 2 girls ages 12 and 3 and a boy age 10. My hubby and I are expecting our 4th. In my me time I like to write music, I play piano, keyboards, guitar and harp, I also sing. When I'm not in my recording studio I'm a bookworm or gamer. We homeschool our kids as our family is against common core standards and I am active in Autism awareness. Our oldest daughter is Autistic. I am new to this group and can't wait to meet all of you.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Welcome to the group! My name is Carissa and I have 3 kids. My oldest son is 9 and was dx when he was 3. Looking forward to seeing you in the group :)

Quoting paganmusicmama:

Hi my name is Terri from Rhode Island and I'm a mom of three, 2 girls ages 12 and 3 and a boy age 10. My hubby and I are expecting our 4th. In my me time I like to write music, I play piano, keyboards, guitar and harp, I also sing. When I'm not in my recording studio I'm a bookworm or gamer. We homeschool our kids as our family is against common core standards and I am active in Autism awareness. Our oldest daughter is Autistic. I am new to this group and can't wait to meet all of you.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Welcome to the group. Love that you were close enough to mom to have the conversation about his differences. She must really care and trust you to have him evaluated. Love reading about these bonds. This is a great group of women who live this daily. Lots of good info

Quoting Caregiver66:

Hi, I am so excited to find a forum like this. I am the "Step-grandma" and caregiver to a beautiful and intelligent 3 year old boy, who happens to be on the spectrum. He was diagnosed in December, when I encouraged her to talk to a doctor about some of the things that he was doing.  Since his diagnosis, the light has shined and we are able to appropriately deal with the different ways he deals with life. He has come a long way in this short time, solely because we try to understand him through what he needs, instead of what we think he should need or do and how he should act.  

I provide as much support to his single Mom, with my experience and education as possible. I am also his caregiver in the evening when she works. I came on today, in search of some advice in regards to some social behaviors, one in particular. I looked on numerous web sites, but finally decided that the best place to find good advice is from those who deal with similar situations.  So here I am.   I am going to look through the conversations and possibly make a new post toask advice.  Thank you, in advance for this group.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Hi Amy. Welcome to the group. My name is Brenda and I have a 4 year old son with ASD. We have moms with kids of all ages in the group. Ask away in main forum any concerns you may have

Quoting my2boyz2002:

Hello, I am Amy. I have a 15 yr old son (turning 16 in aug) who I have come to the conclusion recently that he has autism, most likely Aspergers. I am here to get answers, support and fellowship with other parents who have children with autism. My son has not been diagnosed yet. First appointment on 5/8/14/.  I especially would like to talk to parents of teens with autism. 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Welcome to the group. Sometimes I think the wait is the worst part of all this. Once the answers are there then it's more waiting for help. While I was waiting I found this group and it helped immensely. Ask away and these moms will help

Quoting rowan68:

Hi I am new to the group. I have just found out my son has Aspergers but it is not conclusive. He refuse to finish the test. I only read a little on Aspergers. He does have ADHA and ODD and a little ocd.Let say my school vacation was not good. I work overnights and sleep during the day. I finally got sleep on my weekend off. I didn't sleep for three days. My boys keep me on my toes.Just now the schools are looking at my five year old with ADHD. In the procses now.It is hard when they are that youngSo with both them having ADHD it has been hard. My oldest son counseler is trying to get me help at home for him.But there is a waiting list.only took me eight months to get him tested for this. Hopefuly i won't wait too long for this.

pam

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Facebook is great for finding resources like cafe mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN