Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Welcome to Autism - Support Across the Spectrum! Say 'Hi' Here!

Posted by   + Show Post

wave  Welcome to Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Whether it's you, or your child, on the spectrum, this is a great place to talk about living and loving with Autism.

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. Who in your life is balancing life on the Autism Spectrum?
  3. What is something you'd like us to know about you or your child?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

jigsaw ribbon  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Replies (161-170):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Hi Terri. Wow you are really artistic to do all that. Love it. Welcome to the group

Quoting paganmusicmama:

Hi
my name is Terri from Rhode Island and I'm a mom of three, 2 girls ages
12 and 3 and a boy age 10. My hubby and I are expecting our 4th. In my me
time I like to write music, I play piano, keyboards, guitar and harp, I
also sing. When I'm not in my recording studio I'm a bookworm or gamer.
We homeschool our kids as our family is against common core standards
and I am active in Autism awareness. Our oldest daughter is Autistic. I
am new to this group and can't wait to meet all of you.

SEMcDonald
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I'm Sharon and I'm new (SEMcDonald) After a long series of mis-diagnosis, we finally had our daughter tested last June and found out she is on spectrum. Good news: the therapies we had in place were exactly what we should have been doing. Bad news: it took a over a year and a half (since the diagnosis) to actually understand that she's doesn't perceive the world in the same way we do. (I personally think that has to do with denial...) Right now, I'm working on finding community. Hope this is the place.

Mamaz11
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Yes it is. How's Nick doing?

Quoting JTMOM422: Facebook is great for finding resources like cafe mom

Quoting Mamaz11: Hi ladies! You all know me already. I'm Z's mom. Darby, I received your info on FB. If anyone isn't sure who I am please PM me. Hugs to all my friends :)
Mamaz11
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Hi Sharon. Welcome to the group! I just wanted to let you know, you found the place trust me. Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Quoting SEMcDonald:

Hi, I'm Sharon and I'm new (SEMcDonald) After a long series of mis-diagnosis, we finally had our daughter tested last June and found out she is on spectrum. Good news: the therapies we had in place were exactly what we should have been doing. Bad news: it took a over a year and a half (since the diagnosis) to actually understand that she's doesn't perceive the world in the same way we do. (I personally think that has to do with denial...) Right now, I'm working on finding community. Hope this is the place.

noel311
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I'm Noel

What's on my mind is my children as always an how I help discipline and nurture him through this. I feel very very concerned for him, and I have no idea how to help and how to learn to do what it would take to help him. Hoping to find help here.

Possibly the whole family has it (have everything but a firm diagonosis from the doctor) early intervention, etc.

Like both my children, my oldest is a love. He loves. He wants love and gives love. His laugh is infectious, and he is a flirt. Most important, he is smart. His Mom, not so much on the smarts, but I'm learning.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Welcome Sharon!

How old is she?

I think you'll love this group of women. There is so much support and true caring in here.

Quoting SEMcDonald:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Noel!

How old is your son? Mine just turned 13.

You've come to the right place for help and support. And you are smarter than you know!! It takes a loving and very smart momma to care for our kids!

Quoting noel311:

Hi, I'm Noel

What's on my mind is my children as always an how I help discipline and nurture him through this. I feel very very concerned for him, and I have no idea how to help and how to learn to do what it would take to help him. Hoping to find help here.

Possibly the whole family has it (have everything but a firm diagonosis from the doctor) early intervention, etc.

Like both my children, my oldest is a love. He loves. He wants love and gives love. His laugh is infectious, and he is a flirt. Most important, he is smart. His Mom, not so much on the smarts, but I'm learning.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Welcome to the group. This is a great group group of ladies. Glad to hear that you got the right diagnosis.

Quoting SEMcDonald:

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group Noel. When you say the whole family do you mean yourself included. I ask cause I often wonder if I am on the spectrum myself. Not that it matters at my age now Lol.

Quoting noel311:

Hi, I'm Noel

noel311
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Quoting JTMOM422: Welcome to the group Noel. When you say the whole family do you mean yourself included. I ask cause I often wonder if I am on the spectrum myself. Not that it matters at my age now Lol.
Quoting noel311:

Hi, I'm Noel

Hi, yes, I think I do too. A family member keeps insisting I have it. I'm 35. I also see that my Dad and possibly siblings have it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)