Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Listening Therapy

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,

has any of you kids been through a listening therapy?

How does  it work?      How long does it take?  And did you notice any difference?

Thank you in advance.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:49 PM

We did ILS (integrated listening therapy).  It was like a 60 session process that could be done several times a week.  Really opened up my son's language after about session 40.  We did the sensory session.  It also has stuff on there that will help balance and coordination issues, learning disabilities like dyslexia, etc.  It uses specific classical music selections set to a bone conduction headset that somehow resets some of the nurons or something like that.  I don't understand it all, but it did help.  Reduced some screaming too the more words came back.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM
We've never tried it. Sounds interesting.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Haven't tried it. Curious to what others have to say.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Sam didnt have language issues so I never did the listening therapy as I was told years ago that it didnt really help sensory noise issues.. and thats what Sam has. I did have 2 GFs both with 8/ almost 8 year old boys now.. who did it when their boys were little. One freinds son really blossomed with langage.. he has a processing disorder as well as recently Dxd with AdHd.. the other, whos sone was Dxd at 6 with ASD- and is IMO pretty spoectrumy... ( who at 3/4 was a runner, a screamer, a climber, never slept, major meltdowns, no eye contact, very little responsiveness when spoken to-- need to engage him by putting your hand on him, (which he hated...and sometimes screamed-) his langauge developed fairly well... but I think just by Dx he is less active in "our world" then the other boy.. but BOTH have good language skills now... both are in self contained classes at different public schools.. and both are very sweet, caring, involved, happy boys. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)