• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a MIRACLE!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DS has a horrible cough that is viral and one that has been hanging around for 3 weeks.  His doc said it just has to run it's course, but he was coughing horribly.  Doc said get him some Delsym.  Well, I could only find it in liquid and it is expensive!  So, I got it and DS will absolutely NOT take it that way!  A co-worker asked me if I had tried the empty capsules!  I found them in the organic foods section of our local grocery store (and you can also get them on Amazon in various sizes) and I just used a liquid med syringe to fill them and it works PERFECTLY!  DS can swallow pills no problem!!  I am thinking of so many other things we can do this with!!  Ground meat, etc.  LOL  I was in tears I was so happy!!  MIRACLE!!!  :-D

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dawncs
by Dawn on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I am so happy for you! I hate situations like you were facing with your son. It does not make me a happy camper either!

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Hmm.  Never heard/seen those.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM
That does sound awesome. If only my daughter could swallow pills! You mentioned ground meat....... Protein powder would be perfect!!!!!! So happy for you :-)
wildchild.com
by Janine on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
That's great! Very creative.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

That's great! So glad you found something that worked. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)